We are currently looking for a highly motivated and technically sound Proposal Manager to join our team. As part of the Business Development organization, the Proposal Manager leads cross-functional teams to develop compliant bid/proposals in response to customer Requests for Proposals (RFPs). You will be responsible for managing multiple proposals in parallel, predominately for the International Space Station and Extravehicular Mobility Unit (space suit) programs within the Space Solutions business. Responsibilities may vary based on proposal demands across programs. A desire and aptitude for understanding business strategy and capture efforts is a plus, as you will be involved in complex proposal development near term with the ability to transition to leading complex new business proposals.
- Leading multi-functional (and occasionally multi-site) proposal teams
- Analyzing RFP requirements to ensure both compliance and responsiveness to the customer’s issues and needs
- Preparation and management of proposal plans
- Conducting proposal kick-off meetings and progress/status meetings to maintain the proposal schedule
- Compiling and formatting the proposal document; including writing and editing sections
- Supporting preparation of presentations to senior management and presenting some of the material
- Coordinating responses to fact-finding questions and supporting negotiations following submittal of proposals.
- The proposal manager also leads the preparation and submittal of white papers, trade studies, Requests for Information (RFIs) and Rough Order Magnitude (ROM) estimates.
- The successful candidate will be detail oriented, demonstrate a strong preference for planning, and have the persistence required to drive projects to completion while meeting critical deadlines.
- This position is considered safety sensitive in accordance with NASA guidelines. Candidate will be subject to drug and alcohol testing per NASA’s regulation SUBPART 1835.5 Drug-Free Workforce."
Education and Certifications:Bachelor's degree:
- Engineering or technical background is helpful but not required •4+ years of experience in an Engineering and/or Manufacturing environment
Experience and Qualifications:
- Project management experiencedesired
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Proficiency in MS Office Suite
- Self-starter who is comfortable interacting with functional and business unit management, facilitating meetings and leading projects and teams
Job ID 01295513