About the Company
Lincoln Financial Group provides advice and solutions that help empower people to take charge of their financial lives with confidence and optimism. Today, more than 17 million customers trust our retirement, insurance and wealth protection expertise to help address their lifestyle, savings and income goals, as well as to guard against long-term care expenses. Headquartered in Radnor, Pennsylvania, Lincoln Financial Group is the marketing name for Lincoln National Corporation (NYSE: LNC) and its affiliates.
This position will perform and deliver on routine assignments/projects while simultaneously leveraging and applying knowledge of his/her assigned area(s) of application development responsibility. S/he will develop innovative business solutions by creating new applications, modifying existing applications and providing post production support. S/he will deliver business application software solutions following the system development life cycle process.
- Analyzes systems specifications of existing programs to determine requirements.
- Analyzes, designs, codes, debugs, integrates and tests software application solutions for systems.
- Collaborates with internal stakeholders and IT to develop and understand requirements and expectations to achieve quality technical solutions.
- Communicates effectively with internal stakeholders and management.
- Creates technical specifications from business requirements/business specifications.
- Defines detailed development tasks, task dependencies and estimates to complete work.
- Documents programs and procedures.
- Ensures that system improvements are successfully implemented.
- Investigates and resolves problems including providing support for production systems in a timely manner.
- Participates in the requirements, design and coding walkthroughs to ensure the development of quality solutions.
- Prepares and/or generates test data.
- Proactively identifies problems and presents/develops solutions
- Provides input to appropriate project team members/internal stakeholders regarding project plans, test plans and implementation plans.
- Supports, applies and adheres to LFG standards and processes, including change management and project management methodology.
- Tests program changes thoroughly to ensure accuracy.
- 4 Year/Bachelor's degree or equivalent work experience (4 years of experience in lieu of Bachelor's)in Computer Science, Computer Information Systems, Information Systems, Information Technology or Computer Engineering (Minimum Required)
- 1 - 3+ Years experience in application development that directly aligns with the specific responsibilities for this position(Required)