Meet MedPro Group. We're an industry-leading Berkshire Hathaway insurance company with a passion for our clients and our team. We are hundreds of professionals with varied backgrounds and experience levels who came together to achieve one goal: protecting those who have made it their mission to serve and care for others. Never considered the insurance industry before? We think you should.
In this role, you will…
- Serve as lead underwriter focusing primarily on profitable new and renewal business for complex, Lawyers Professional Liability (LPL) accounts.
- Perpetuate MedPro Group's value proposition, strengths, and competitive position in the LPL marketplace.
- Manage a complex book of LPL business to maintain and enhance strong insured and multiple distribution partner (DP) relationships with goal to retain existing and grow new business flow.
- Analyze and underwrite complex LPL risks and offer appropriate underwriting solutions for clients, while focusing on profitability targets determined by the company.
- Use all available underwriting information to meet and exceed client expectations with timely turnaround and delivery of appropriate pricing and insurance structure.
- Engage and maintain excellent communication with internal team members; meet and deliver MedPro Group's standards of obsessive client focus to each AttPro client.
- Travel for strategic business and sales initiatives to increase underwriting of front line products; serve as key underwriting contact for strategic DPs and complex risks - addressing those clients' concerns and needs; identify opportunities to grow new and retain existing business across all complex LPL business.
- Understand and participate in development of regional and/or state-specific market strategies; identify industry trends and incorporate knowledge into underwriting pricing and coverage.
- Perform complex risk analysis, including (but not limited to) coverage evaluation, as well as terms and conditions of offer; apply risk analysis to determine appropriate structure and pricing.
- Develop and maintain strong relationships with key assigned DPs, responding to their underwriting needs and requests with creative solutions.
- Establish and maintain excellent communication with internal team members, including Market Management, Claims, and Finance; collaborate with them to identify opportunities and strategies to increase new business writings and retain existing customers.
- Work within authority and understand escalation requirements within the company.
- Take on other duties as assigned.
We are looking for candidates with…
- BA/BS required.
- Strong internal and external communication, analytical, negotiation and organizational skills.
- Strong PC Skills.
- Extensive experience with Lawyers Professional Liability pricing/rating algorithms, policy language, underwriting process and procedures.
- Extensive and long term successful Distribution Partner relationships, both regionally and nationally.
- Ability to consistently demonstrate timely and appropriate account management while achieving compliance requirements.
- RPLU designation required.
- Minimum 10 years experience underwriting Lawyers Professional Liability exposures.