Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned. Heading 5 (Not Bold)
- In consultation with the Special Projects Director, day-to-day special projects programming oversight: ensuring that performance, outcomes, and other targets are met with specific deadlines; comply with entire timelines and ensure accomplishment of established objectives; monitor service delivery to ensure compliance with contracts; oversight of preparation and submission of all project and data reports;
- Develop, implement, coordinate, and manage the work of new special projects initiatives, in consultation with the Special Projects Director;
- Work with the Special Projects Director, department managers, and the Catholic Charities Director of Volunteer Services to develop and implement volunteer programming, which will include: recruiting volunteers, tracking and matching opportunities, overseeing volunteer schedules and assignments, developing and implementing protocols for volunteer work, and creating comprehensive trainings;
- Develop, implement, update, and maintain operational protocols of new pro bona projects, including: internal protocols; case placement matching and oversight, in consultation with the Special Projects Director;
- Foster and manage relationships with law firms; corporate counsel; bar associations; recruited pro bona volunteer advocates; etc.;
- Oversee monitoring of pro bona volunteer and assigned attorney caseloads; as well as continuity between internal and external pro bona teams by documenting and communicating actions, irregularities, and continuing needs;
- Conduct periodic meetings with regional teams for program developments and other coordination updates; lead discussion on emergent issues, rapid response needs and provide progress reports; as instructed by the Special Projects Director;
- Represent CCCS with relevant public, private, governmental, funding, media, internal and other stakeholders and agencies to advance CCCS' priorities and policies and coordinate interactions to streamline stakeholder engagement, in consultation with the Division Director;
- Participation in committees, associations, collaboratives, trainings, etc., as appropriate;
- Other duties, as assigned.
Position Type and Expected Hours of Work:
This is a full-time position that will require performing work at CCCS' office and other locations throughout the Archdiocese and the state. Days of work and hours are generally Monday - Friday, 9AM to 5PM. Flexible schedule and/or additional hours may be required to meet contractual and program obligations and deadlines. Position requires willingness to travel throughout New York City and the Lower Hudson Valley.
Working conditions and physical demands required:
The demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- Travel for meetings using public transportation or a vehicle, traverse city streets, occasionally ascend/descend stairs, and be exposed to outside weather conditions.
- Remain stationary at a work station, in meetings, and use a computer at least 40% of the time.
- Remain stationary and/or ambulate to instruct and monitor during trainings and presentations.
- Carry a laptop to offsite work locations.
Education and/or experience required:
- Master's degree in a related field, and at last four years of related, professional-level experience.
- Working experience with local community and political stakeholders.
- Excellent computer proficiency, and ability to utilize statistical and multiple database systems.
- Previous experience in program and staff management in related environments.
Skills, Licenses, and/or competencies required:
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal, team building, communication, and public relations skills.
- Excellent management and supervisory skills.
- Highly motivated and self-starter.
- Ability to convene and lead meetings.
- Ability to prioritize and handle multiple, complex tasks.
- Ability to work independently and in a highly collaborative team environment.
- Demonstrated commitment to public interest and to pro bona programming.
- Spanish fluency a plus.
- New York State driver's license required.