This position supports an intelligence community customer storage site with a staff of between 20 - 30 made up of both government employees and contractors. The site receives equipment from contractors, conducts test and inspection activities on new equipment, on equipment being prepared for issue and on equipment returned after use. Other technical staff build equipment components that support unique equipment configuration requirements.
The Special IT Professional will:
- Support user devices on several LANs (unclassified to TS/SCI) on customer networks at a customer site.
- Coordinate shipping, receiving and installation of IT equipment.
- Run/install necessary fiber and Ethernet cabling (Cat 5 and Cat 5E). Terminate both fiber optic and Ethernet cable.
- Troubleshoot connectivity issues.
- Conduct initial and periodic inventories and validations of IT equipment on site
- Configure personal computers, routers and switches with basic configuration under the guidance of System and Network administrators.
- Install windows OS, configure to customer specifications, and apply updates and security patches under the guidance of the customer network operations center. Apply software, updates and security patches to network servers under the direction of the System Administrator. Install servers under the direction of the System Administrator. Install and configure cryptographic devices and networkswitchesunder the direction of the Network Administrator.
- Provide on-site support and troubleshooting for the helpdesk for issues that cannot be resolved remotely. Assist Tier II and III service desk and network engineers in troubleshooting devices such as servers, switches, routers and encryption devices by providing feedback on the state of the device and performing basic functions under their direction.
- Submit hardware trouble tickets for the repair/replacement of equipment. Conduct on site troubleshooting of items per manufactures request to obtain warranty service on equipment. Follow established clearing procedures for removing equipment. Coordinate with IA Security for ad hoc clearing procedures on items that currently have no published procedure. Complete issue\turn-in documents for hardware that has been replaced.
- Monitor helpdesk trouble tickets for assigned area of responsibility and respond to customer requests within one business day.
- Provide updates of current work and requests for service daily back to the lead systems administrator.
- Provide support to users when appropriate for assistance with the system as in password resets, unlocking accounts, assisting with use of system and its features.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
- Ability to install and troubleshoot client workstations and VoIP's, and network systems such as Crypto devices, Cisco Routers and Switches, and Servers
- 5-10 years of experience
- Bachelor’s degree in IT Systems
- Must be TS with current access to SCI based on SSBI. CI Polygraph desired, candidate must pass a CI Polygraph examination