Special Events Manager
Less than 5 years experience • Non-Profit
Salary depends on experience
Posted on 02/22/18
San Jose, CA
Less than 5 years experience
Salary depends on experience
Posted on 02/22/18
Essential Job Functions
- Responsible for fund raising to achieve current revenue target of $1,455,000, as well as developing and managing expense budgets for the Walk to End Alzheimer's in Silicon Valley with direct accountability for goals set forth in the annual budget
- Develop and follow a comprehensive development plan for Walk to End Alzheimer's that includes management of eventbudget, timelines, team recruitment and retention strategies, volunteer committee development, marketing/PR and logistics
- Cultivate community contacts to recruit volunteer leadership on the Walk to End Alzheimer's planning committee and garner community support
- Ensure Walk volunteer committees are recruited, trained and developed on the National Walk to End Alzheimer's timeline and utilizing best practices, resulting in the attainment of income goal and team goals
- Through volunteer networks, prospect, cultivate and steward Walk to End Alzheimer's teams, sponsors and walkers to achieve the Chapter's development goals
- Utilize creative market building strategies such as cold calling, active community networking, social media and the ability to leverage volunteers connections and spheres of influence to prospect, cultivate and manage new accounts
- Work with the volunteer planning committee to organize outreach activities that promote the Alzheimer's Association mission and services, including community presentations and corporate engagement opportunities
- Facilitate smooth integration of the Association's best practices, standards and guidelines
- Maintain relationships with key corporate sponsors year-round and ensure involvement in all relevant chapter activities and recognition opportunities
- Ensure timely and efficient data entry process and donation processing related to the Silicon Valley Walk
- Manage the Walk websites and all related setup, reports and information
- Promote employee education sessions in local corporations in the community to generate awareness for our cause; to reach out to others; to give back to the corporate sector, and to open new doors for sponsorship opportunities
- Bachelor's degree; or an equivalent combination of education, training, and relevant work experience from an accredited college or university??
- Minimum 3 years' demonstrated ability to recruit, motivate and coach volunteers in a fundraising environment preferred
- Demonstrated success in the development and promotion of fundraising events or similar campaigns
- Ability to plan and execute events and programs, and measure their impact
- Familiarity with and connected within the Silicon Valley business community
- Demonstrated ability to form and develop corporate relationships and partnerships
- Ability to work on a team and develop relationships in the community
- Ability to work with diverse communities and demonstrate inclusion
- Creative, proactive, strategic, detail-oriented and consistent with a strong commitment to excellence, quality, timeliness, efficiency and effectiveness
- Critical and strategic thinker with strong time management skills, as well as a professional and courteous demeanor and the ability to work collaboratively with colleagues
- Ability to sell the Chapter's programs and events to a variety of audiences, including corporate management, individual participants and volunteers
- Ability to manage large numbers of volunteers at different levels of expertise with diplomacy
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and mature judgment
- Ability to act with discretion in all matters?
- Excellent organizational skills; professional customer service skills with visitors, callers and volunteers
- Experience developing, measuring and reporting on strategies, performance metrics, and budgets?
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office applications and development databases such as Convio/Luminate ???
- Understanding of database management, gift processing, and donor relation???
- Familiarity with Microsoft Office, Google suite, Team Approach and/or otherdatabases??
- Outgoing, Positive, Engaging and Enthusiastic
- Self-starter, able to work independently and problem-solve
- Strong ability to self-manage with significant strength in time management
- Ability to work under pressure
- Willingness to work some evenings and weekends
- Reliable transportation and ability to travel by car throughout the Chapter territory and ability to travel by air???
- Sensitivity to working with older adults and ability to work compassionately with persons with dementia or memory loss
- Strong listening skills; friendly, helpful manner with clients