Special Event Sales Representative
Less than 5 years experience • Hospitality & Recreation
The Speical Events team oversees and operates all private catered events at Levi’s Stadium. We are searching for qualified Event Sales Managers to sell special events year-round at the iconic location in the Bay Area. This position will be under the leadership of Vice President of Special Events as well as the on-site Manager of Event Sales.
Opened in the Summer of 2014 Levi’s Stadium has quickly become a premier destimation for events of all kinds. In addition to serving as the home of one of the most recognizable sports franchises in the world, the San Francisco 49ers, the stadium has also been the backdrop to numerous concerts, soccer matches, NHL Stadium Series, WWE Wrestlemania and Super Bowl 50. Levi’s Stadium not only boasts a 68,500 seat capacity, but also contains roughly 400,000 square feet of space to be utilized for corporate and social events. Located in Silicon Valley, in the heart of innovation, Levi’s Stadium has positioned itself as the premier venue for those seeking a new and creative way to host their events.
The Special Event Sales Representative will be responsible for generating private event revenue from sales through various outreach channels including their own network of contacts and incoming leads. Additionally, they will pro-actively assist in developing future programs that will benefit Levi’s Stadium’s long-term sales goals.
• Exceed monthly and yearly revenue targets set forth by Management.
• Build relationships to provide repeat business.
• Proactively create opportunities for new business with existing customers.
• Provide superior and professional customer service to clients.
• Perform some responsibilities on day of events, including entertaining clients and fulfilling large group commitments.
• Maintain the required amount of outbound sales calls set by Management.
• Research, analyze, and develop special event profit generating opportunities.
• Proactively solicit new business by, among other things, making sales calls and presentations, attending local trade shows, and engaging in other client prospecting in order to increase the size of the Organization’s potential client database.
• Create leads and develop long-term relationships in the event planning, production, and promotion communities, and with other relevant companies, organizations, and groups.
· Three to five years of related experience.
· Bachelor’s degree or equivalent combination of education and related experience and/or training.
· Resourceful, innovative and forward-thinking, with an entrepreneurial spirit.
· Expertise in financial analysis and planning, budgeting, and marketing.
· Working knowledge of local and regional markets, venue operations, and special events industries.
· Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and manage multiple tasks simultaneously.
· Ability to effectively evaluate risks and liabilities of special events and venue rentals.
· Be adept at negotiating with clients when required within the guidelines set.
· Excellent self-accountability for high personal standards of conduct and professionalism
· Process-oriented, highly organized, fast and accurate, able to work well under pressure and meet deadlines.
· Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
· Advanced computer skills, including proficiency in spreadsheet, database, and word processing programs.
· Ability to work non-traditional hours (nights, weekends and holidays as necessary).