Special Education Teacher
Camelot Education, a leader in providing special education services, is seeking creative, dedicated, and compassionate individuals to join our team at our Naperville, Illinois campus. This program serves students K-22years with diverse learning needs, including those with SED/LD/BD. We are currently recruiting Special Education Teachers.
Students are supported by a team of professionals that include School Administrators, Teachers, Teaching Assistants, School Therapists and Related Service Providers, such as OT and SLP.
The Special Education Teacher plans and provides for appropriate learning experiences for students with disabilities.
The teacher provides academic instruction in a self-contained classroom setting and is responsible for the overall management of the classroom.
The teacher will work as part of an interdisciplinary team ensuring that a student's IEP goals are being met.
This position is for a High School classroom that serves students with multiple disabilities.
If you are dedicated to helping extraordinary students achieve success academically, behaviorally and socially please consider applying.
Experience and Skills:
- Bachelor?s degree from an accredited college or universityCurrent Illinois Teacher Certification with Special Education LBS1 Endorsement
- Experienceworking with children and adolescents
- Experienceworking with high school agedstudents preferred
- Experienceworking with at-risk youth preferred
- Proven ability and working knowledge with Microsoft software applications, including Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
Camelot offers a complete benefit package including :
- Short Term Disability
- Life Insurance (including a company paid policy)
- Company paid Long Term Disability
- Accident and Critical Illness Coverage
- Vacation Leave & Paid Sick Time
- Up to 46 days of Paid Holidays
- Camelot Education is an equal opportunity employer.
Job Type: Full-time
- Special Education: 1year
Required license or certification:
- LBS1 Endorsement