Job Location: Greenville, TX
We are seeking a Software Engineer that performs full lifecycle software development for military Intelligence, Surveillance, and Reconnaissance (ISR) systems.
You will demonstrate success by:
- Exhibits an exceptional degree of ingenuity, creativity, and resourcefulness. Applies and/or develop highly advanced technologies, scientific principles, theories, and concepts. Viewed as an expert within field.
- Develops information which extends knowledge in a given field. Information may form the basis of newly developed concepts, theories, and products.
- Often acts independently to uncover and resolve issues associated with the development and implementation of operational programs. Plans R&D programs and recommends technological application programs to accomplish long-range objectives. Work is checked only to the effectiveness of results obtained, typically requiring a long-term perspective. Virtually self-supervisory.
- Designs research and develops highly advanced new applications resulting in new product/business opportunities for the company.
- Requires a Bachelor's degree with in a related engineering field: Software Engineering, Computer Engineering, Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Math, Physics and minimum of four (4) years of applicable experience
- Experience with Red Hat system administration
- Experience with software version management (i.e. Git, CVS, etc.)
- Experience with concepts such as multi-threading and multitasking real-time operating systems
- Experience in network programming and TCP/IP
- Experience with the Scrum Agile process (Jira tool suite)
Preferred Additional Skills:
- Experience in embedded systems development such as device drivers and hardware/software integration
- Experience in multi core programming techniques
- HW/SW integration skills in a lab environment
- Experience with Linux container technology (Docker) and related orchestration tools/platforms
Candidate must be able to obtain and maintain a DoD Secret clearance, which requires US Citizenship.