$80K - $100K(Ladders Estimates)
About the Job
-Support the development, enhancement, and delivery of monthly and ad-hoc reports that aid the surety underwriting team
-Extracting data from multiple data sources using SQL for Oracle
-Manipulate data in SQL and/or Excel
-Present data in an organized and professional manner that provides surety leadership with the information that is relevant to their decision making and evaluation process
-Support the development of Gross Written Premium forecasts for each team within the surety organization
-Assist in the surety team's transition from a legacy underwriting account management system to a new platform
-Assist in the optimization of underwriting procedures by identifying trends and inefficiencies in current practices
-Communicate with members of the surety underwriting team to develop an understanding of their business information needs
-Provide general analytical support to help the surety team plan for profitable growth
-Build bond configurations in the new account management platform on an as requested basis
-Support the documentation of best practices and job aids that would provide the needed continuity if new analysts joined the team or ever needed to replicate existing procedures
-Tracking of underwriting authority to ensure that appropriate procedures were followed when processing bonds
-Self check work by consistently performing reasonability checks on reports before sending to the surety underwriting team
-Strong Excel Skills required
-SQL for Oracle environment comfort preferred
-Work well with a collaborative, all hands on deck, team environment and provide the willingness to support tasks outside of the scope of responsibilities listed above
JOB SUMMARY: Partners with internal customers in determining data and information needs, and in determining the use of information to aid them in making business decisions. Identifies and executes appropriate research methodologies that will provide the information needed in an understandable format. Serves as lead to other analysts and/or as a subject matter expert for information needs and analysis . Plans and supports information project needs, special reporting, and new technology.Job Description
Reports to: Manager/Director; may serve in a group/team leader role over 1-6 business information associates.
JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Functions as the expert in data extraction from databases, tables, data warehouses, and other sources Observes customer operations and proactively presents recommendations that will assist customers in making decisions regarding their operations. Develops, produces and maintains ad hoc and custom reports for information needs and analysis. Determines the level of information analysis needed based on customer needs and data availability. Uses various data access tools to pull information for reports and analysis.
2. Maintains the integrity of information in internal data bases. Using statistical analysis, identifies gaps in the data presented and makes recommendations for data maintenance.
3. Retrieves data from internal and external sources and data files in order to keep internal databases current and usable. Exports information to external sources.
4. Determines appropriate information and analysis to be shared with customers. Shares reports and information with appropriate area of the company as assigned.
5. Supports the research, analysis and presentation of information by: monitoring external sources, creating custom reports, compiling and summarizing information, producing supporting documentation and exhibits, and verification of information received from external sources.
6. May maintain personal computer hardware. and software.
7. Assists other associates with preparation of reports and use of information systems, software and related sources of information. Trains other users on report preparation and data base access.
8. Leads special projects, and serves as point of contact for projects.
9. Presents actionable recommendations , presentations, reports, and documents to help with the use of the information. Monitors, reviews and analyzes the external environment to support the research and analysis done with data extracted form internal sources. Presents and discusses these findings with customers.
10. Performs other duties as assigned.
MINIMUM JOB REQUIREMENTS:
Education: Undergraduate studies in business, insurance, mathematics or related field. Prefer degree or professional insurance coursework.
Experience: Six years experience in a business information analysis role, or similar business related position that involves analysis, problem solving, planning, coordinating and organizing.
Knowledge: In-depth knowledge of business information analysis concepts, data mining, various data sources insurance policies and procedures, customer service concepts and practices. Familiarity with product terminology, processes, regulatory and compliance issues is desired.
Skills: Verbal and written communication skills for interaction within the functional area, information documentation and report formulation. Ability to understand business information needs and to analyze data requests. Ability to work under tight time constraints. Ability to effectively operate a personal computer with business software applications for data import/export, manipulation, reporting and analysis.
Staffing Exceptions to the above Minimum Job Requirements must be approved by the: Business Unit Director/Officer and the HR Representative.
Valid Through: 2019-11-12