L3Harris Corporation is seeking a Specialist, System Integration & Test Engineer (SATCOM) to support our Modernization of Enterprise Terminals (MET) program. This is an opportunity to take on unique challenges, expand your skills and experience, and contribute to mission critical systems solutions that keep our war fighters safe.
- Installing, maintaining, and troubleshooting critical RF receive/transmit X and Ka Band components in Large and Small Fixed Terminals as well as Standard and Hardened Transportable Terminals
- Troubleshooting and problem solving of LAN/WAN network equipment related issues such as but not limited to Switches, Routers, and Servers
- Perform periodic maintenance tasks IAW specific procedures, SOP’s, and vendor documentation of RF transmission equipment including high power transmitters, LNAs, frequency converters, transmission lines, antennas and auxiliary support equipment
- Interpreting basic and complex wiring and electric diagrams used for system, installation, troubleshooting, and general system functionality
- Configuring, and operating SATCOM test equipment such as but not limited to spectrum analyzers, power meters, network analyzers, oscilloscopes, signal generators and multimeters
- Building customer intimacy through job assignments related system/product acceptance testing and/or hands-on user training either in the L3Harris Factory, or on the customer’s sites
- Communicating with contacts within and outside L3Harris, including cross functional teams, customers, and vendors alike
- Bachelor’s degree in related field and minimum 4 years of prior relevant experience, Graduate Degree and a minimum of 2 years of prior related experience, or Associates Degree and a minimum of 8 years of prior relevant experience in operations, maintenance and test of military strategic SATCOM terminals
- United States Citizenship
- Valid State Driver’s License
- Possess or have the ability to obtain U.S. DoD Secret Clearance or higher
- Ability to lift 50 Lbs., and carry 75 feet
- Ascend and descend ladders 35 Ft. in height
- Ability to travel approx. 30% to CONUS / OCONUS locations for durations 14 to 90 days and work in small teams
- Military experience in U.S. Army Military Occupation Code (MOS) 25S Satellite Communication Systems Operator/Maintainer or U.S. Air Force Specialty Code (AFSC) 2E1X1 Satellite, Wideband, and Telemetry Systems
- Excellent communications skills, written and oral
- Excellent organizational and record keeping skills
- Ability to perform work under general supervision and make moderate enhancements or improvements to systems and processes to solve problems or improve effectiveness in given area of responsibility.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office® application to include Excel, Word, PowerPoint, and Visio.