Events are one of the most important channels in which Schwab expresses its value to clients, and the Manager of Event Content will have the opportunity to be part of the team responsible for creating an exceptional experience for our clients.
The candidate will primarily be a key player in the execution of approximately 90 education sessions at Schwab’s flagship industry conference,IMPACT. The right candidate will have a learning mindset, attention to detail, strong project management skills, perform well a highly collaborative environment and the ability to simultaneously manage multiple projects.
What you’ll do:
- Report directly to the Managing Director, Event Content, Marketing and Sponsorship and support the IMPACT content team in management and programming
- Project manage session development and key speaker assets including: Provide onsite speaker assistance and ensure a seamlessexperience foreventattendees
- Compile all speaker proposals, match to learning objectives and coordinate session approval
- Be a liaison with internal Schwab speakers, external industry experts, and sponsor speakers
- Create, send & track speaker agreements as needed
- Work with marketing team to promote session curriculum
- Collect and upload speaker bios, photos, and PowerPoint
- Upload and maintain session data into a content management system
- Review content, marketing and speaker materials for errors
- Provide onsite speaker assistance and ensure a seamless experience for event attendees
- Manage Schwab’s internal Speakers Bureau to maximize the exposure and value of key Schwab resources.
Note: this is not an event planning or event logistics role.
What you have:
- 3-5 years of speaker coordination or similar functional experience
- Financial Services experiencepreferred – especially asset management, financial advisor or brokerage
- Ability to develop effective, collaborative relationships within EPS as well as with key business partners
- An understanding of online content management systems, tools, and templates to track content development, deliverables, andinternal deadlines
- Strong project management expertise – establish and execute development timelines
- A learning mindset to understand our events and the role education plays in those events
- A comfort or working knowledge of working with various event technology systems – especially Cvent Conference
- A drive to deliver above and beyond service to our clients and business partners
- Excellent communication skills including written, verbal, listening, and presentation
What you’ll get:
- Comprehensive Compensation and Benefits package
- Financial Health: 401k Match, Employee Stock Purchase Plan, Employee Discounts, Personalized advice, Brokerage discounts
- Work/Life Balance: Sabbatical, Paid Parental Leave, New Mothers returning to work Program, Tuition Reimbursement Programs, Time off to volunteer, Employee Matching Gifts Program
- Everyday Wellness: Health and Lifestyle Wellness Rewards, Onsite Fitness Classes, Healthy Food Choices, Wellness Champions
- Inclusion: Employee Resource Groups, Commitment to diversity, Strategic partnerships
- Not just a job, but a career, with an opportunity to do the best work of your life