Cimarron is currently seeking an experienced Spaceflight Network Systems Engineer. This position involves providing satellite operations support and engineering expertise for ongoing and upcoming new Human Space Flight (HSF) missions.
- Integrates mission network requirements and provides real-time operations console support.
- Provides engineering support of network operations, mission operations, and network fault isolation, interfacing with customers and other project teams, negotiating satellite network coordination agreements, conducting planning activities, and representing the organization in providing solutions to technical issues associated with specific projects.
- Provides analysis and refinement of on-orbit network operations processes, fault detection, anomaly analysis, formulation of corrective actions and resolution, including independent determination and development of approaches to solutions, and tracking of anomalies.
- Performs analyses and coordination to support working group meetings, participate in national and international groups to promote and defend customers’ interests, and serve as a member and advisor in panels of national and international significance as may be necessary in order to resolve usage problems and promote the efficient use of NASA resources.
Required Skills, Experience, and Education:
- This position requires the candidate to be able to obtain a secret security clearance, therefore candidate must be a US Citizen and show proof of citizenship.
- 3 or more years of experience supporting spacecraft or satellite operations.
- Experience with RF communications systems.
- Experience across entire lifecycle of satellite design, development, testing, and operation.
- Experience directing individual engineering/operations tasks.
- Ability to coordinate and direct the work of peers.
- Ability to conduct investigations of task-level problems.
- Bachelor of Science degree in Engineering, Math, Computer Science or related technical discipline.
Desired Skills and Experience:
- Experience with NASA's Space Network and associated communication systems.
- Proficient with MS Office (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Visio).
- Good verbal and written communication skills.
Cimarron is a global solutions company with a strategic partnering approach to satisfying customer-driven requirements. We ensure customer success with a modern approach and experienced leadership. Driven by an entrepreneurial spirit, Cimarron is fueled by highly skilled employees, developing new innovative technologies, and delivering superior products and services.
We believe in recognizing employees' worth by offering competitive salaries and benefits, including health, dental, and vision insurance, 401(k) contributions, educational reimbursement, and much more. From Company-wide information meetings led by our President and CEO, to an Awards program designed to recognize our amazing employees and their accomplishments, you will not only feel like you are a part of a team, you will be a valued member of the Cimarron family.