- Applies an interdisciplinary, collaborative approach to plan, design, develop and verify a lifecycle balanced system of systems and system solutions.
- Evaluates customer and /operational needs to define and coordinate system performance requirements, integrate technical parameters and assure compatibility of all physical, functional and program interfaces.
- Performs various analyses to optimize total system of systems and/or system architecture.
- Performs analyses for affordability, safety, reliability, maintainability, testability, human systems integration, survivability, vulnerability, susceptibility, system security, regulatory, certification, product assurance and other specialties quality factors into a preferred configuration to ensure mission success.
- Develops the planning, organization, implementation and monitoring of requirements management processes, tools, risk, issues, opportunity management and technology readiness assessment processes. Resolves cross-functional technical issues.
Boeing is the world's largest aerospace company and leading manufacturer of commercial airplanes and defense, space and security systems. We are engineers and technicians. Skilled scientists and thinkers. Bold innovators and dreamers. Join us, and you can build something better for yourself, for our customers and for the world.
Missiles and Weapon Systems
Relocation Assistance Available
No. Relocation assistance is not a negotiable benefit.
This position requires the ability to obtain U.S. Security Clearance, for which the U.S. Government requires U.S. Citizenship.
Typical Education and Experience:
Degree and typical experience in engineering classification: Bachelor's and 5 or more years' experience, Master's degree with 3 or more years' experience or PhD degree with experience. Bachelor, Master or Doctorate of Science degree from an accredited course of study, in engineering, computer science, mathematics, physics or chemistry. ABET is the preferred, although not required, accreditation standard.
Basic Qualifications (Required Skills/Experience):
- Bachelor's Degree or higher in an engineering field, or engineering related field with 3 or more years of experience.
- Ability to obtain U.S. Security Clearance
- Experience with Systems Engineering life cycle
- Experience with requirements design, development, test, and verification
- Experience writing test plans, procedures and reports for software, electrical or mechanical systems
Preferred Qualifications (Desired Skills/Experience):
- Experience with common test equipment, mechanical and electrical
- Experience with software test tools.
- Experience with SmarTeam, Catia, Team Foundation Server, IBI Cognos
- Experience working on DOD products or highly complex systems
- Basic database skills
- Experience with FT3 or GMD program
- Skills with common Microsoft Office Products
- Communication and teamwork skills