The Boeing Company is seeking a spacecraft vehicle engineer (VE) early career to support daily operations in the end to end technical management of a spacecraft mission. The VE will serve as a focal point for vehicle technical issues and functions, and coordination between site and factory engineering teams. The VE will provide on-site operational support and oversight, and implementation guidance for anomaly resolution and special test activities.
The VE will ensure long-term activities are planned and coordinated, and are ready for execution in a timely manner for spacecraft operations or the spacecraft factory provider.
The position includes regular on-call support and occasional support of off-hours activities. This position is located in Las Cruces, NM.
• Applying an interdisciplinary, collaborative approach to plan, design, develop and verify a lifecycle balanced system of systems and system solutions.
• Evaluates customer and /operational needs to define and coordinate system performance requirements, integrate technical parameters and assure compatibility of all physical, functional and program interfaces.
• Performs various analyses to optimize total system of systems and/or system architecture.
• Performs analyses for affordability, safety, reliability, maintainability, testability, human systems integration, survivability, vulnerability, susceptibility, system security, regulatory, certification, product assurance and other specialties quality factors into a preferred configuration to ensure mission success.
• Develops the planning, organization, implementation and monitoring of requirements management processes, tools, risk, issues, opportunity management and technology readiness assessment processes.
• Resolves cross-functional technical issues.
Boeing is the world's largest aerospace company and leading manufacturer of commercial airplanes and defense, space and security systems. We are engineers and technicians. Skilled scientists and thinkers. Bold innovators and dreamers. Join us, and you can build something better for yourself, for our customers and for the world.
Space and Launch
Relocation Assistance Available
Yes. Available for eligible candidates, if authorized.
This position requires the ability to obtain a US Security Clearance, for which the US Government requires US Citizenship.
Basic Qualifications (Required Skills and Experience):
•Bachelor’s degree or above in engineering or similar discipline.
• 1+ years of system engineering experience.
• Matlab Scripting/Troubleshooting experience
• 1+ years data analytics
Preferred Qualifications (Desired Skills and Experience):
• Scripting experience with Perl, Python, VBA, Unix etc.
• Degree is Aerospace and/or Electrical Engineering
• Current US TS/SSBI Security Clearance
• Degree and typical experience in engineering classification: Bachelor's and 2 or more years' experience or a Master's degree with experience. Bachelor, Master or Doctorate of Science degree from an accredited course of study, in engineering, computer science, mathematics, physics or chemistry. ABET is the preferred, although not required, accreditation standard