Flight Software (FSW) Engineer, Subject Matter Expert
Location: US-FL-Merritt Island
Relocation: Some Assistance
As a recognized expert in the field of Spacecraft Flight Software, the Flight Software Engineer Subject Matter Expert provides support for analysis of requirements, designs, and operations associated with NASA Gateway Logistics Services (GLS) missions from launch through on-station operations. This position also provides insight and surveillance of logistics service contractors, as well as recommendations to optimize flight software performance and resolve issues.
- Assist the NASA customer in the establishment and review of Flight Software requirements
- Develop and maintain a comprehensive knowledge and understanding of the FSW subsystem for the Gateway Logistics Services Provider's spacecraft and supporting ground support systems.
- Observe and maintain insight into the Gateway Logistics Services Provider's flight software development, testing and verification activities.
- Participate in system failure and anomaly investigations, and conduct root-cause analysis
- Based on analysis and observation, provide recommendations for concurrence or nonconcurrence with the Gateway Logistics Services Provider's actions
- B.S. degree in Engineering or a related discipline and nineteen (19) years of related engineering experience
- Or, an M.S. degree in Engineering or related discipline and fifteen (15) years of related engineering experience.
- Must be a U.S. Citizen and successfully complete a U.S. government background investigation.
- Ability to work in a team environment consisting of NASA civil servants and various contractor employees.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Experience with NASA commercial launch services vehicles and providers is highly desired.
- Recognized expert in the field of human-rated spacecraft Flight Software
- Software development experience in an Agile environment highly desired