- Investigate and analyze long- and short-term spacecraft performance trends. Manage and approve criteria used for monitoring all spacecraft subsystems.
- Perform 24×7 on-call operations on a rotating basis. Respond to anomalies, provide initial direction to controllers, initiate and lead anomaly resolution efforts.
- Plan and direct complex payload re-configurations, including integrated activities involving multiple spacecraft and/or functional areas, to support broadcast operations.
- Support development efforts on new spacecraft. Analyze design review documentation to verify operational requirements are satisfied, participate in ground testing of new spacecraft, support orbit raising activities, and manage in-orbit test and evaluation activities.
- Manage, evaluate quality, and optimize spacecraft procedures, tools, and the processes needed for efficient execution of operational activities.
- Applyexperience and professional judgment to evaluate, create, and implement innovative strategies to support dynamic operational needs.
- Conceptualize, develop, and review new processes, methods, scripts, and other tools used by both the engineering and operations teams.
Other duties to include:
- Plan, execute, and monitor spacecraft maneuvers. Perform maneuver reconstruction, orbit determination, and develop long-term operating strategies. Direct the planning and execution of spacecraft orbit relocation operations, as necessary.
- Plan, coordinate, and implement engineering activities and schedules to support controller, management, and corporate requirements.
- Re-enforce situational awareness of spacecraft operational activities, broadcast operations, company objectives, and advances in the space and broadcast media industry.
- May supervise one or more junior level engineers to include responsibilities for personnel issues (hiring, performance appraisals, terminations, etc.).
- Facilitate and guide professional and technical development of junior team members. Research, develop, and present advanced training materials to meet team and organization requirements.
- Bachelor’s degree (BS) in engineering or physics from a four-year college or university
- Five or more years of spacecraft operations and/or flight dynamics experience
- This position requires ITAR access-candidate must be a US Citizen or Permanent Resident
- Fulfill a 24×7 on-call rotation and respond onsite within 30 minutes
- Operations or Flight dynamics experience with Space Systems Loral FS1300 or Lockheed Martin A2100 spacecraft highly desired
- Experience with Kratos ISI EPOCH TT&C / OASYS, MATLAB, and AGI STK software a plus
- General or specialized knowledge of one or more of the following spacecraft systems and subsystems: Attitude, Propulsion, Power, Data Handling, Thermal, Mechanism, TT&C, and Payload
- Ability to read, analyze and interpret business periodicals, technical procedures, or government policy. Able to write reports, correspondence, and operations procedures
- Attention to detail, pro-active and confident personality with good communication skills
- Able to work in a multi-team environment
- Comfortable presenting information and responding to questions from managers, corporate executives, and customers