The primary roles and responsibilities for this position are to identify/provide key system safety issues to the SMC/SP Chief Engineer and System Safety Manger for each SMC/SP program/project IAW rquired Air Force Instruction or required applicable MSCI instructions or MIL-STD-882E. Other duties include:
- Provide support to prepare the presentation and support the meetings as required per SMC/SP SSM's request or per SMC/SP Chief Engineer's request.
- For all identified hazard reports verified by test, ensure to review the test procedure and document all applicable test results in the hazard control verifications of these hazard reports.
- Assess the implementation of human factors in the program baseline and efforts for compliance with human factors requirements and address environmental, safety, and occupational health concerns in accordance with Air Force Instruction 63-101/20-101, Acquisition/Logistics Integrated Life Cycle Management
- Advocate safety concerns on behalf of the program at Technical Interchange Meetings (TIMs), design reviews, requirements reviews and Configuration Control Board’s (CCBs) and provide recommended solutions and courses of action.
- Minimum of ten years directly applicable experience with SMC system safety and environmental practices.
- Baccalaureate degree in business, engineering, science (physics or chemistry), mathematics or related field.
- TOP SECRET clearance with SCI and SAP eligibility and a willingness to consent to a polygraph examination.