SUMMARY OF RESPONSIBILITIES
• Provide support to Aerospace customers with current or future Satellite as a Sensor (SAS) machine learning/technical computing installations.
• Use a variety of machine learning, data mining and statistical algorithms for pattern recognition, anomaly detection, and exploitation of large data sets with a focus on attack detection and anomaly avoidance.
• Provide expertise to customers in the areas of data analytics and algorithm development supporting the integration and analysis of diverse data sources.
• Assist in the design, development and advancement of new methods to extract information from diverse data sources using flexible querying methods, innovative visualization, and data aggregation/integration, data mining and analytical techniques.
• Requires the preparation and review of technical papers, reports and briefings.
• Some Travel as required.
• BS degree in physics, engineering, data science or computer science.
• A minimum of 6+ years’ experience is required.
• Must currently hold a TS/SCI.
• Recent experience in analytics related to automated detection of events on current military or civil space systems, related civil and military space technologies and space systems coupled with an understanding of technical trends and collaborative efforts.
• Recent experience in military/civilian spacecraft operations.
• Ability to quickly create and test computer programs in the appropriate language (such as JAVA, C++, Python, or Perl) to complete tasks such as spacecraft telemetry transformation
• Ability to successfully install, configure, test, and operate machine learning application suites, such as Satellite as a Sensor (SAS) and related applications.
• Must be able to troubleshoot and resolve problems with complex computer programs as well as assist and advise others who are remotely attempting to troubleshoot similar programs
• Must be able to successfully create SAS applications for new satellite data sources and use the tools to find interesting events with precursors, if they exist.
• Advanced degree (MS/PhD) in physics, data science or computer science is strongly desired.
• Strong research, analysis, organizing, writing and briefing skills with the ability to communicate to both technical and non-technical audiences.
• Demonstrated ability to work independently or in teams as well as build teams.
• A broad technical background with the ability to understand and support a wide range of technical tasks involving national security space (IC or DoD).
• Demonstrated initiative and strong technical leadership skills.
• Proven ability to establish and maintain effective interpersonal and working relationships with various staff/customer levels internal and external to corporation
Requisition ID: 31861