Every day at Perspecta, we enable hundreds of thousands of people to take on our nation’s most important work. We’re a company founded on a diverse set of capabilities and skills, bound together by a single promise: we never stop solving our nation’s most complex challenges. Our team of engineers, analysts, developers, investigators, integrators and architects work tirelessly to create innovative solutions. We continually push ourselves—to respond, to adapt, to go further. To look ahead to the changing landscape and develop new and innovative ways to serve our customers.
Perspecta works with U.S. government customers in defense, intelligence, civilian, health care, and state and local markets. Our high-caliber employees are rewarded in many ways—not only through competitive salaries and benefits packages, but the opportunity to create a meaningful impact in jobs and on projects that matter.
Perspecta’s talented and robust workforce—14,000 strong—stands ready to welcome you to the team. Let’s make an impact together.
Perspecta is an AA/EEO Employer - Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled and other protected categories
This is a senior engineering positionsupporting all aspects of space systems engineering requirements with a focus onRF systems andsupport to the space situational awareness mission. This engineer researches, designs, develops, analyzes, and/or tests spacecraft systems. Performs a variety of technical tasks including development/maintenance of engineering models, performing engineering analyses (modeling and simulation), reviews of engineering data/requirements, and/or verification & validation of complex space vehicles and systems. Analyzes space product or equipment specifications and performance requirements to determine designs, which can be produced by existing manufacturing or processingfacilities and methods. Analyzes project engineering data and proposals to determine feasibility, productibility, cost, and production time of pace products and systems. Develops design criteria for space products or systems, including testing methods, production costs,quality standards, and completiondates. Plans and conducts experimental, environmental, operational and stress tests on models and prototypes of aircraft and aerospace systems and equipment.
Evaluates new technologies for application in improving design of space systems. Plans, coordinates, directs, and evaluates testing of space systems. This position will have emphasis in conducting analysis onRF and RADAR systemsupporting SSA mission areas. Thecontractor shall evaluateRF system impacts and mitigation options for given designs within the broader systems engineering context including ionospheric modification,RF antenna design, algorithms that optimize source detection &location, relationships between noise, sensor cadence, andlocationerror, and analysis of other Government- defined performance metrics.
* Bachelor's Degree in related engineering discipline (space systems, aero, EE, some others)
* At least 8 years of experience in space system engineering, at least 5 of those in DoD/military projects
* Significant experience in RF systems analysis and design particularly RADAR systems and space systems
* Recent work on DoD space situational awareness and/or defensive space related programs
* TS/SCI cleared
* Experience in system and operational requirements development and analysis
* Abilityto work with minimal supervision on highly technical projects
* Excellent at routine multi-tasking, priority balancing, and dynamic planning
* Excellent interpersonal skills and communications capabilities
* Experience with RF link modeling process and application
* Experience with EM/RF modeling and simulation Desired:
* Current or recent SAP access
* Experience in AGILE development processes
* Recent experience in adva
nced hardware and software development environments
* Experience with JAVA, SQL, cloud applications
* Experience with JIRA
* Signal processing experience
* Experience using MATLAB
* Experience with RF lab and testing equipment
Job ID 2018-50050