Thank you for your interest in joining the KBR team. Together, we can leverage the next generation of advanced technologies to deliver industry-leading capabilities across land, air, sea, space, and cyberspace. Our goal is to deliver innovative solutions using an agile, mission-first approach to address the most difficult technical challenges facing our customers. The only way that we can tackle these challenges is by recruiting the brightest minds in the industry to join our team.
KBR is seeking a Space Systems Engineer with NRO experience to provide Systems Engineering and Technical Advisory (SETA) services to a rapidly expanding Government Intelligence Community (IC) customer for a complex space and ground efforts as part of an exciting and innovative set of programs.
This position supports a Space Program Office (SPO) in a technical capacity for planning, execution, monitoring, and oversight of satellite system development and acquisitions that advance the National Reconnaissance Office's (NRO) space resiliency posture. While seniority is a plus and a knowledge of systems engineering is required, this position can accommodate a junior engineer that is eager to learn and grown in their knowledge and experience of the art of systems engineering.
The space system engineer will join a team of on-site SETAs working multiple major system acquisitions (MSA) with responsibilities that may include but not limited to the following:
- Capture system requirements and develop system baselines.
- Conduct full lifecycle engineering reviews including System Requirements Reviews (SRRs) and System Design Reviews (SDRs), Preliminary (PDRs) and Critical Design Reviews (CDRs), etc.
- Support and participate in system Configuration Management process including Engineering Change Proposal, Engineering Review Board/Configuration Control Boards (ECP, ERB/CCB).
- Identify system development risks, construct risk management plan and risk mitigation approaches.
- Design and implement technical solutions for new business needs and challenges.
- Represent the government client to development contractors and ensure proper messaging between the same.
- Support Contract Officer/Contract Officer Technical Representatives (CO/COTRs) and Developers by coordinating with other technical domain Subject Matter Experts (SMEs) and program stakeholders to achieve a detailed understanding of the systems, designs, and interfaces necessary to satisfy mission requirements.
- Work in a team to ensure proper requirement Verification and Validation methodology is codified and executed by the developer, including determining test strategy and coverage based on a technical risk assessment for each use case or functionality.
- Providing oversight of acquisitions, with specific focus on the system engineering processes to ensure end-to-end system closure and satisfaction of mission need.
- Reviewing Contract Data Requirements List (CDRL) deliverables to ensure content, technical accuracy, and sufficiency of design details to meet program requirements and objectives.
- Participating in technical interchange meetings between developers and COTR.
- Bachelor's degree in an engineering, scientific, or technical discipline and nine years or more relevant experience
- Three years of NRO experience
- Effective communication, coordination, and customer engagement skills.
- Ability to work in a fast paced, dynamic, and team environment.
- Proven knowledge in Requirements Management, Quality Control, and Configuration Management.
- Knowledge of how space systems are designed, specified, developed, manufactured, and tested.
Security Clearance Requirements:
- INCOSE ASEP or CSEP, PMI PMP certification.
- Experience using systems engineering processes, methods, tools, and program roles to develop, implement, and deploy solutions for Satellite Systems.
- Experience in Integrated Master Schedule (IMS) construct and Earned Value processes.
- Proven technical and program management background.
- Model Based Systems Engineering (MBSE)
Active TS/SCI with CI Poly
KBR is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status or any other factor protected by law.