Salesforce, the Customer Success Platform and world's #1 CRM, empowers companies to connect with their customers in a whole new way. We are the fastest growing of the top 10 enterprise software companies, the World’s Most Innovative Company according to Forbes, and one of Fortune’s 100 Best Companies to Work For six years running. The growth, innovation, and Aloha spirit of Salesforce are driven by our incredible employees who thrive on delivering success for our customers while also finding time to give back through our 1/1/1 model, which leverages 1% of our time, equity, and product to improve communities around the world. Salesforce is a team sport, and we play to win. Join us!
Global Real Estate team members are part of an award winning department continually pushing the boundaries of Corporate Real Estate in support of Salesforce’s offices in 81 cities, accommodating 27,000 employees. From our urban campus, Salesforce Towers, fully activated lobbies and cutting edge workplace designs, we challenge ourselves to strive to surprise and delight our employees and guests every day. In Global Real Estate, we work collaboratively to respond to challenges, motivate each other to do the best work of our lives, and enthusiastically celebrate our successes.
We are looking for an experienced Space Planning Manager to hit the ground running with an amazing team to support you, as we help our San Francisco based business units and our Amer West offices accommodate their growth. In addition to partnering with business partners to help solve space planning challenges, you'll be working closely with the Global Real Estate Strategy Team, Workplace Services team and Projects team as they build plans for our future. Your experience in space planning, interior architecture, workplace and real estate will be pivotal to delivering plans and programs that enable rapid growth.
Perform space planning and programming functions in coordination with key team partners for projects as well as provide overall ownership for client space and allocation needs.
- Partner with the Global Occupancy Manager and space planning team to manage the macro to micro level allocations at HQ and Amer West, and to contribute to the overall global strategy development for programming, test fits, space planning and spatial/occupancy data accuracy
- Liaise with Business Partners to ensure their business' allocation and adjacency needs are met.
- Collaborate with team to define strategies to meet the spatial and occupancy needs of multiple business units while managing a portfolio with limited contingency
- Help define short term and long term strategies for space solutions including the allocation of space in new or renovated offices
- Perform spatial analyses to develop scenarios on the most strategic use of space
- Manage and lead the space planning team responsible for the strategic planning process for moves, adds, and changes (MAC).
- Partner with Workplace Services to deliver concise and precise information in order to prepare the MAC team for moves and migration planning
- Develop detailed spatial layouts for test fits and programming purposes for new and existing office spaces
- Manage the development of move and migration plans with space assignments, and occupancy data. Oversee all move related requests and ensure stakeholders and Workplace Service and FM staff are kept up to date on activity.
- Develop and contribute to documentation and contract administration of the programming, space planning, and move coordination with the business partners and key Real Estate team members
- Validate office vacancies, floor plans and proper occupancy information.
- Coordinate with the space planning team to assist with building audits to verify employee locations, space signage, furniture layout and room configurations are correctly noted on floor plans
- Manage all AutoCad drawings for the Amer West region, includes full responsibility for spatial and data accuracy and importing into the CAFM system
- Support the Global Space Planning team in managing the day to day planning of our global offices
- Other duties may be assigned
- BA/BS degree or equivalent combination of education, training and experience Architecture, Interior Architecture, or Space Planning.
- 7+ years professional experience in space programming, space planning and project management
- Excellent leadership and supervisory skills; ability to guide, manage and motivate staff
- Proficiency with AutoCAD, Excel, and CAFM systems
- Knowledge of ADA requirements and building codes
- Ability to read and interpret floor plans and construction documents
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to work in a fast paced, team based, deadline oriented environment
- Ability to effectively manage complex tasks and prioritize multiple projects and competing priorities
- Ability to develop business cases and service requirements while creating and managing strategic alliances.
- Ability to build internal networks and work cross-functional
- Excellent organizational and project management skills
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Demonstrated ability to produce reports/documents, and strong presentation and facilitation skills