Job Description Summary:
The Space Planner carries out complex technical assign¬ments associated with the development and implementation of architectural space planning and interior design for new or modifications to general building facilities throughout NUSCO facilities.
The Space Planner:
• Develops conceptual designs for architectural solutions based upon defined programs, as a basis for finished drawings for general building facilities.
• Performs field surveys and “as-built” investigations, including architectural and electrical disciplines, to ensure accurate layouts.
• Develops finished drawings (construction documents) of space plans and conceptual designs.
• Reviews and incorporates designs of related disciplines such as HVAC, Electrical, Structural and Telecommunications to ensure overall project document compatibility.
• Develops total project cost estimates for architectural layouts including related disciplines of HVAC, Electrical, Structural and Telecommunications.
• Assists in the development of cost estimates and the conduct of technical studies involving projects and alternative solutions to architectural layouts.
• Specifies project materials, furniture, fixtures and equipment and assists in the review of technical evaluations of material quotations to ascertain confor¬mance with specifications and project objectives.
• Assists in the qualification of prospective suppliers' materials, technical competence, and production capabilities.
• Provides technical assistance and contract administration during the construction phase of architectural projects.
• Provides direction on office rearrangement projects by monitoring and reporting the cost, cash flow, and schedule status, and initiating corrective action as required.
• Coordinates with other company personnel, consultants, contractors, manufacturers' representatives, and others in connection with assigned design responsibilities.
• Coordinates the work of assigned drafters, lower level designers and consultants in the development of architectural project plans.
• Serves as team leader on complex architectural layout projects.
• Identifies, evaluates, and implements applications of new architectural design concepts and components such as systems furniture and green building technology.
• Provides technical guidance and assistance to other system departments.
• Assists in the development and updates of Facilities office standards manual, space guideline policies and procedures and space finish schedules.
• Conformance of architectural layouts and materials to NU, governmental, and industry codes, regulations, standards and practices.
• Timely completion of design assignments to meet established in service dates.
• Proper coordination of design assignments with other areas of NU, outside consultants, vendors and contractors.
• Economic and reliable solutions to unique architectural layout problems.
- Performs limited project management of Moves, Adds, and Changes in conjunction with in-house Project Managers.
- Programs office fit-outs, working directly with stakeholders, providing options for solutions.
- Manages moves of employees, including processing move requests and on site supervision overseeing movers through their physical move of employee office contents.