Space Operations Transition SME
Summary of Role: Position supports the development of requirements, acquisition and contract strategies and the execution of these in support of prototype programs that are part of the U.S. Space Force.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Manage Program Office-to-operations transition process engineering efforts
- Coordinate closely with USSF Staff to understand scope and effort of Organize, Train, and Equip (OT&E) tasks required for Operational Acceptance (OA) of future capability
- Translate operational employment delivery tasks into project management structure
- Perform critical path analysis of consolidated OT&E, warfighter onboarding, and procurement schedules
- Recognize and identify risks to capability delivery schedules
- Initiate and facilitate the design of table top exercises for the purpose of developing, refining, and validating Operational Concepts and Design Reference Mission for SpRCO capabilities
- Advise and assist in development of security PID structures for program acquisitions and apportionment
- Advise and assist in development/tailoring of risk management framework controls and documentation
- Provide subject matter expertise on space enterprise integration with Joint All-Domain C2
- Advise and assist in the management of the SpRCO/USSF Space Rapid Capabilities Working Group preparation, execution, and action item resolution.
- Provide direct support to program managers to assist in incorporating Organize, Train, and Equip elements into programmatic integrated master schedules
Your Deliverable: Acquisition and operations planning documentation and support to senior level decision makers in acquisition milestones associated with the production and delivery of critical space systems.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering, Business Management, or related field or with applicable experience. Master’s Degree highly desirable but not required.
- 10+ Years Space Operations Experience
- TS/SCI clearance or eligibility
Desired (mix of below)
- Project Management Professional Certification
- Acquisition Project Management Level 2 (DAWIA)
- Systems Engineering Experience
- Test and Evaluation Experience
- Experience working Special Access Programs
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite, to include MS Project, Visio, and Excel
- Experience or intimate knowledge of AFSPC/USSF Staff organization and functions
Work Location – Onsite at Kirtland AFB, Albuquerque NM
Millennium offers a comprehensive benefits package. Millennium is An Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer. Millennium does not discriminate on any basis prohibited by applicable law including race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, age, citizenship status, or Vietnam era or special disabled veteran's status in recruitment, employment, promotion, compensation, benefits, or training. It is also Millennium's policy to maintain a work environment free from discrimination on the basis of sexual orientation.