The Perduco Group, a LinQuest company, is seeking a Test Engineer/Operations Analyst to work with our team in Colorado Springs, CO.
The selected candidate will support the United States Space Force Space Warfighting Combined Test Force. Applicants should have experience in acquisition lifecycle and multiple phases of the test and evaluation process. Strong applicants will have experience with contractor or developmental testing, operational testing, and live-fire testing, particularly testing of space systems. Experience in evaluating both small subsystems' test results and major system program results is highly desired. In addition, applicants should have familiarity with major DoD acquisition programs as part of the Air Force acquisition process. Successful applicants should be adept at breaking complex systems into functional elements and determining test objectives applicable to each. Test Engineers/Operations Analysts must have the ability to self-teach to stay current with the best T&E and M&S tools and techniques for evaluating capabilities. Additionally, they must understand the advantages and limitations of differing techniques for solving a particular problem. Responsibilities:
Requirements: Required Skills:
- Assist in the planning, coordination, and execution of space systems tests & experiments.
- Design, develop, and execute advanced test/experimentation programs and processes to conduct assessment of space systems.
- Apply optimal scientific and statistical tools such as design of experiments to increase test efficiency and produce actionable test results.
- Create/review test engineering documentation to include test plans, Test Information Sheets, Safety Packages, Data Analysis. Management Plans, Technical and Safety Review Board Briefs, Test Readiness Briefs, Test Cards, and Test/Analysis Reports as required.
- Perform analysis on pre-test predictions, including those obtained through M&S, to design test events and profiles, define data collection requirements, and develop go/no-go criteria to meet test objectives.
- Work with programs to perform reviews of systems, sub-systems, and components to ensure the data management and analysis plan (DMAP) provides proper data collection for real-time and post-mission data processing, evaluation, and analysis to meet test/experimentation objectives.
- Set up data analysis requests, process data, perform data quality control review and anomaly resolution, and analyze data as per the data analysis plan.
- Execute simulations to predict or evaluate system effectiveness or suitability under relevant operational conditions and scenarios.
- Monitor the gathering of M&S data and guide test result evaluation to determine if system configurations and architecture meet customer specifications and performance expectations.
- Create Test Reports/Presentations of complex data sets.
- Create/enhance data analysis tools.
- A SME-level understanding of test, evaluation and experimentation functions and how they relate to space operations at the tactical level or of operations such as exercises, plans, coordination, demonstrations, such as space flag and other related war gaming events.
- Space Mission/Control Room experience - Space operations or test control room experience. Monitor system/performance parameters.
- Comfortable with methodologies including modeling and simulation, laboratory testing, open-air testing, and live-fire testing and supporting skills such as modeling and simulation, system decomposition, design of experiments and response surface methodologies, regression testing, and validation of models and simulations.
- Team mentality to provide integrated engineering/analysis support for design reviews, test planning working groups, test card prep, disciplined test execution, and collaborative authorship of post flight reports.
- Willingness to accept changing and evolving roles & responsibilities in support of customer requirements and needs.
- Aptitude and patience to process and analyze complex system test/experimentation data.
- Experience either developing proprietary/internal tools or using commercial M&S tools such as Satellite Tool Kit (STK) to evaluate space architectures, sensors, and/or communications.
- Technical expertise in one or more of the following areas: Space-related data communications, EO/IR/RF Sensors, Space system Architectures, Space Battle Management and Control
- Space operations and/or orbital mechanics
- Statistical techniques for approaching complex problems with large amounts of data
- Application of operations research techniques and supporting skills such as database query languages, design of experiment and response surface methodologies, scripting language programming, and development of appropriate models and simulations
- Bachelor's Degree in Operations Research, Engineering, Math, Probability, Statistics or Science
- 14+ years of demonstrated systems engineering experience with space, ground, operations, and sustainment segments of DoD
- An active TS/SCI clearance (or TS with SCI Eligibility)
- Master's Degree in Operations Research, Engineering, Math, Probability, Statistics or Science with 10+ years of demonstrated experience
- Space Weapons officer (W13S/13S), with understanding of joint operations environment, and/or Offensive/Defensive space tactics.
- Experience within the DoD or as a Defense Contractor working in test and evaluation.
- Knowledge of orbital mechanics and astrodynamics.
- DoD Acquisition Professional Development (ADPD) Test and Evaluation Level 3 certification.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer, we are committed to providing a work environment that values and respects each Team Member as an individual and important member of our culturally diverse organization. In keeping with this commitment, the Company is dedicated to providing a work environment free from any type of discrimination based upon race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, gender, pregnancy, age, sexual orientation, gender expression and identity, covered veteran and military status, marital status, disability, medical condition, genetic characteristics,political affiliation, or any other classification protected by law. This commitment and policy applies to all areas of employment.