Cimarron is seeking an Space Indications & Warnings Systems Engineer to provide systems engineering and technical advisory (SETA) services to an Intelligence Community (IC) customer. The customer organization we support provides the enterprise architecting and systems engineering solutions that determine the current and future national space systems.
As part of the Systems Engineering team, the chosen candidate will provide technical assistance in defining assurance and resiliency for overhead systems. This position will support the customer in developing and defining Indications & Warnings (I&W) for Ground and Space Protection initiatives and concepts within the future overhead systems enterprise architecture.
- Provide technical support to customer activities and programmatic processes.
- Develop documents and briefings to communicate work or study status, brief government and industry, as required.
- Identify and define future ground and space I&W capability needs.
- Provide task-based schedule and resource forecasts.
- Develop Concept of Operations (CONOPs) for new capabilities and coordinate them across the affected organizations.
- Assist in the development of system level, functional level and interface requirements.
- Identify gaps between requirements and acquisition program capabilities being conducted by the customer’s Acquisition Offices.
- Manage the Request for Change (RFC) process as it relates to closing requirement gaps.
- Work with the enterprise architecture office to update related DoDAF views.
- Work with the IC customer and the larger IC/DoD community on Resiliency activities/initiatives.
- Identify, clarify, and track task requirements and issues, remove barriers, resolve minor project issues and escalate to immediate manager where required.
Required Skills, Experience, and Education:
- Demonstrated ability to work in a fast paced, dynamic, and energetic environment.
- Must possess an active TS/SCI Clearance with the ability to successfully obtain a polygraph.
- Good working knowledge of MS Office applications.
- Effective interpersonal skills and strong briefing and writing skills.
- Aptitude for on-site Systems Engineering and Technical Advisor (SETA) work.
- 5 or more years of relevant experience.
- Experience with the government acquisition cycle, requirements development & processes, budgetary practices, and acquisition/engineering documentation.
- Experience in Space and/or Satellite Ground System.
- Understanding of core systems engineering disciplines and processes.
- Experience in the Intelligence Community or Department of Defense.
- Bachelordegree in Science, Engineering, Math, or related technical discipline.
Desired Skills, Experience, and Education:
- Experience with IC R&D organizations.
- Prior US military experience and/or Mission Operations experience.
- Experience with the IC customer’s RFC process.
- Experience using DOORS (preferably DOORS Next Gen) for managing requirements.
- Indications and Warnings Operations experience.
- Space Protection Concepts and Processes experience.
- Experience with using SharePoint functionality.
- Masters degree in Science, Engineering, Math, or related technical discipline.