- Provide technical and analytic support, systems architecting, and systems engineering services to the Director of Space Programs, in the Office of the Secretary of the Air Force for Acquisition (SAF/AQS) and serve as an on-site technical liaison for the Space Control program offices.
- Support the Director, Space Control and Remote Sensing Division on the SAF/AQS staff and assist the Space Control Program Element Monitors (PEMs) as directed.
- Provide technical support to SAF/AQS and other Air Staff & Office of the Secretary Defense organizations on Space Control programs and initiatives.
SUMMARY OF RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Provide time-sensitive responses to staff questions on Space Control technical development, testing and programmatic issues, providing a conduit for SAF/AQS and staff to access Aerospace corporate expertise.
- Provide technical support in the development of position papers and official responses to Congress, the Office of the Secretary of Defense, the Secretary of the Air Force, and the Intelligence Community.
- Support the development of decision memoranda related to Space Control efforts.
- Work effectively in an on-site environment with the customer and have the ability to network with contractors, other government agencies, the various Aerospace program offices, the Engineering and Technical Group (ETG), other FFRDCs, research labs, and UARCs to address issues and provide the customer with the best available technical and programmatic analyses.
- Prepare reports, recommendations, and presentations for and on behalf of, the government customer for senior level DoD leaders, other government agencies, and Aerospace management.
- Deliver high quality products in a timely manner through the use of matrix resource including briefing packages, weekly and monthly status reports, and TORs.
- A Bachelor’s degree in engineering, mathematics, the natural sciences, or a related field.
- Experience in providing technical support to DOD acquisition.
- A minimum of 12 years of experience in space system engineering or space related technologies and/or operations
- In particular, the qualified candidate should have a strong background in Space Control efforts, technologies and acquisition, in addition to experience in space systems architecture development, systems engineering, space and/or ground system design and development, and familiarity with Air Force/National Security Space budgetary and programmatic planning.
- A demonstrated knowledge of current Space Control issues and/or prior program office experience is also required, as is an understanding of Space Control capabilities.
- Have a thorough understanding of the roles played by the Office of the Secretary of Defense; the Office of the Secretary of the Air Force, Air Force Space Command; the space system program offices; the defense agencies; Services; the Joint Staff; and other government organizations in the acquisition, management, and operation of the national security space enterprise.
- A proven ability to work with minimum supervision and to interact effectively with the ETG, Air Force, SETAs, other FFRDCs, and contractor personnel.
- Adept at oral and written communication and have a proven ability to work effectively with senior government customers.
- Current and active Top Secret and SCI clearance is mandatory.
- An advanced degree in engineering, mathematics, the natural sciences, or related field is highly desirable.
- Current access to Air Force SAP programs is desired.
Additional Requisition Details
System Job Title: PROJECT ENGR SR
Clearance Requirement: TS/SSBI
Relocation Available: Yes
Employment Type: Regular
Work Schedule: Full Time
Requisition ID: 39316