The Remote Sensing Systems Engineering & Integration (SE&I) team in El Segundo, CA has an immediate need for an Acquisition Engineer. This individual will be a mid-level Systems Engineer with experience in Department of Defense (DoD) Space-Based systems. Candidate will provide SE&I support to the Space Based Infrared System (SBIRS) and Space Based Environmental Monitoring (SBEM) Enterprise programs in support of the Space and Missile Systems Center Remote Sensing Directorate (SMC/RS). Candidate will support advanced planning activities to include space system acquisition strategy development, requirements development, budget preparation, Space & Missile Systems Center (SMC) and Department of Defense (DoD) strategic communications, and contractual planning. Candidate should have experience with space systems, with a particular emphasis on SMC programs, ground and space system acquisitions. Major duties of the position include:
- Developing strategic and program level acquisition and systems engineering plans and products.
- Providing strategic guidance on current and future SBIRS and SBEM space systems.
- Providing stakeholder strategy and communications guidance.
- Providing Government leadership with action plans for both strategic and tactical issue resolution.
- Providing space system acquisition education and mentorship to Government program staff.
- Developing acquisition briefings, plans, papers, and other documentation for SMC/RS leadership.
- Collaborating with prime contractors, other team contractors, and Government (military and civilian).
- Bachelor’s Degree in Math, Science or Engineering.
- Current Top Secret Clearance
- 9+ years of demonstrated systems engineering experience working with and integrating the space, ground, operations and sustainment segments of a DoD Space program in an acquisition environment.
- Proven Systems Engineer who takes the initiative to identify, own and solve customer problems.
- Motivated individual who is a self-starter and a team player with experience leading teams.
- Demonstrated experience working with Air Force customers to enable acquisition planning decisions.
- Experience supporting the DoD Acquisition, JCIDS, and Planning, Programing, Budget and Execution (PPBE) processes.
- Experience with DoD, Air Force and SMC review and approval processes.
- Experience writing and delivering technical documents and briefings.
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills as well as organizational skills.
- Demonstrated interpersonal skills to enable working, interfacing, and interrelating with diverse personnel and dynamic teams.
- Master’s Degree in Math, Science or Engineering.
- SBEM and SBIRS-specific experience highly desirable.
- DAU Program Management Level 3 highly desirable.
- Program Management Professional (PMP) highly desirable.