RGP is a global consulting firm helping some of the most recognized companies in the world work differently. Our success comes from a shared belief in rolling up our sleeves and doing the hard work of solving complex challenges, executing plans and implementing technology to help transform organizations.
Working as a consultant you will be connected to work that matters, putting your expertise to its best use while developing skills for the future. The result is a career defined by you, supported by RGP and built on tangible accomplishments.
As we continue to grow and deepen our impact on organizations around the world, we are looking for the right people to join us on our mission. If you are interested in being part of our team, there a few things you should know:
- We are energized by challenges and the effort needed to solve them.
- We like working with people who are positive, adaptable and growth-minded.
- We care how work gets accomplished and are deeply invested in the success of our clients and our colleagues.
If this sounds like you, we invite you to read on and learn more.
THE RGP CONSULTING EXPERIENCE
RGP has a unique consulting model that provides opportunities for consultants to work in different ways. Most consultants work in a model where they have the flexibility and autonomy to choose projects aligning to their experience, skills and desired lifestyle. Other opportunities exist in team-based, strategy and solutions work. In all models, you will feel the full support of RGP to assist you in your work and guide you on your chosen path.
PURPOSE OF THE ROLE
As a SOX Compliance Consultant, you will create, review and analyze data pertaining to information system functions of our clients. You will be responsible for monitoring Sarbanes-Oxley compliance efforts and identifying areas of potential improvement for key processes and procedures.
ATTRIBUTES OF CONSULTANTS WITH RGP
- Respect for people and opinions and confidently offer your point-of-view with clients and among colleagues
- A drive for proactively cultivating relationships with clients and colleagues
- Optimism when faced with challenges and complex situations, coupled with the drive to solve client issues
- Dedication to continuous improvement and development of your skillset and talents
- A strong personal identification with RGP’s values – loyalty, integrity, focus, enthusiasm, accountability and talent
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES OF THE ROLE
- Work with various process owners to create and update process documentation, flowcharts and process risk assessments
- Coordinate and track internal and external control testing progress and identify control gaps and remediation efforts
- Ensure internal controls over financial reporting are sound and effective to ensure compliance with the Sarbanes-Oxley Act ("SOX")
- Assist in the execution of SOX assessment programs by providing thorough and reliable identification of in-scope accounts and locations, and planning, testing, documenting and reporting of the effectiveness of financial reporting for delivery to senior management and external committees
- Establish SOX compliance and ensure implementation of the assessment
- Develop and execute control and compliance initiatives, risk management approaches and operational efficiencies
- Ensure SOX 404 objectives, deliverables and timelines are met and develop recommendations to correct control deficiencies and provide ideas for process improvements
- Proactively identify and monitor process and system changes that have a direct impact on a company's financial statements and related disclosures
DESIRED EXPERIENCE AND REQUIREMENTS
- Bachelor’s Degree of Accounting, Finance, or related field required
- MBA or Masters preferred
- CPA, CIA or CISA preferred
- 8-plus years of experience Big Four or large regional accounting firm or a large multinational corporation
- Ability to respond effectively and quickly to clients' needs and issues
- Ability and desire to work within a team environment
- Excellent written and verbal communication, interpersonal, and relationship building skills
- Strong client service and time management and project delivery skills
Equal Opportunity Employer
RGP is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, gender, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, genetic information or veteran status, and encourage all applicants to apply.