In this field based, Regional Business Director role, you will be responsible for successfully leading an 8 person sales team, promoting a new therapy in atopic dermatitis, Dupixent (Dupilumab). Within a highly competitive marketplace, you will be called upon to successfully lead and motivate your team to execute the national sales strategy, supporting the initiatives set forth in the launch plan.
- Coach, train, develop, and lead an accomplished team of Specialty Sales Representatives (Area Business Managers).
- Responsible for the oversight of all aspects of sales, managed markets pull through, local speaker/thought leader development, promotional programming, and budget management for your region.
- Develop regional business plans based on national sales goals, expectations and available resources, including Regional and Territory strategies and tactics, as well as resource allocation.
- Be an expert in the clinical data, which affects current product promotion, disease state and market trends.
- Spend the majority of your time in the field with Specialty Sales Representatives in order to support individual development, as well as provide coaching, direction and feedback.
- Establish positive working relationships with all key customer segments (internal and external).
- Communicate and collaborate with other Regional Sales Directors, Key Accounts field team, brand marketing, payer marketing, managed markets field teams, medical affairs and field teams, senior management and all other departments necessary in order to facilitate achievement of sales objectives
- Partner and collaborate with Regeneron co-promote partner.
- ~60% travel
- BA/BS DegreeRequired, preferably in life science or business. MBA a plus.
- Minimum 10+ years’ experience in the pharmaceutical/healthcare industry.
- 5-7+ years pharmaceutical/biotech sales experience, including specialty sales, with demonstrated successful sales results.
- Minimum of 3-5 years Field Management experience or equivalent leadership experience, with documented sales achievements, strongly preferred. Applications from internal management development candidates will be accepted with approval from their first and second level leaders.
- Ability to travel to meetings/trainings/programs as necessary - additional travel may be required within the assigned territory.
- Excellent strategic thinking, analytical, communication skills required
- Must be an energetic, driven, dynamic, solution oriented leader
- Valid driver's license.
- Must reside within the geographic area of the assigned territory. Ideal location is Phoenix or Denver.
- Must achieve and maintain compliance with all applicable regulatory, legal, and operational rules and procedures, and require the same of his/her team
- Dermatology and/or biologics experience strongly preferred.
- Strong collaboration and/or co-promote experience strongly preferred
- Strong understanding of the reimbursement landscape and expertise with Managed Markets pull-through highly desirable
- Sales launch experience strongly preferred
- Demonstrated Leadership Experience
- Excellent clinical skills and knowledge
- Team Oriented
- Excellent general business manager
- Creative problem solver.
- Solution oriented