STV is seeking an experienced Construction Leader to manage and oversee a group of professionals providing Highway and Bridge Construction Engineering and Construction Inspection services, and to expand our presence throughout the Southeast Region.
Primary responsibilities include:
- Collaborating with other senior managers to establish strategic plans and objectives.
- Building and maintaining relationships with key clients, owners and business partners
- Identifying and evaluating business opportunities relating to Construction Engineering and Inspection (CEI) services
- Assembling and directing a team in writing effective proposals and making presentations.
- Participating in corporate development of methods, techniques and evaluation criteria for projects, programs, and people.
- Planning and scheduling work activities; assigning staff to meet project demands and maintain productivity levels.
- Providing guidance and oversight to engineering personnel and inspectors in interpreting specifications and resolving construction problems that may arise
- Managing and overseeing project scope, schedules and budgets to meet corporate requirements
- Preparing or reviewing reports on progress and adjusting resources as needed to meet project demands
- Recruiting and mentoring employees as needed to grow and expand the group
- Providing opportunities for professional growth of staff assigned to the group
- Overseeing quality of deliverables
- Serving as a liaison in communicating with the client and other key stakeholders
- Rendering decisions on matters to achieve operational objectives.
- 15 or more years of construction management or CEI experience with an emphasis on highway and/or bridgeconstruction
- Bachelor’s Degree in Civil Engineering or Applicable experience in Transportationconstruction industry
- An established network of transportation clients throughout the SE
- Project management and supervisory experience
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Qualifications and experience necessary to oversee a construction project if needed, on a temporary basis
- Ability to develop and lead proposals
- Strong collaboration skills and ability to lead a team of professionals