The marketplace is evolving. Customer and employee expectations are changing. What worked yesterday may not work as well tomorrow. Grant Thornton’s Advisory professionals help companies stay ahead of the game with bold thinking, big ideas and progressive strategies.
Our Advisory teams apply their deep experience and global footprint to challenge the status quo and develop custom strategies that work for you. With a focus on pragmatism, our outside-in, customer-led approach facilitates the agility and innovation necessary to be a future-ready organization. Our services support you wherever you are in your business cycle — whether you’re looking at a transaction to propel your company forward, focusing on developing and implementing the right controls to mitigate risk, or advancing your company’s finance and technology infrastructure to match your aspirations.
Supply Chain Consulting Manager – Operational & Organizational Transformation
As today’s organizations grow, processes and operating models that were once successful can become cumbersome and inefficient. The rapid pace of change in technology, customer expectations, staffing and other business factors can lead to stagnating profit growth and insufficient ROI. The key is to get the most from limited resources. Our deep industry experience and knowledge of organizational and operational functions and priorities can help clients develop and implement strategies that achieve the transformation they need.
As a Manager within the Supply Chain Practice, you will help organizations proactively shape and implement their overall supply chain strategy and supporting initiatives. You will assist with the continued development of the solutions we offer our clients. Specific to client interaction, you will lead the delivery of supply chain engagements and work with chief supply chain officers, chief operating officers, chief financial officers, and other senior client leaders to demonstrate your supply chain subject matter expertise as we seek to help them implement supply chain solutions in support of their broader supply chain strategy and goal of creating value. You will also coach our staff as they work on engagements and progress within the firm.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Leverage subject matter expertise and prior consulting experience as it applies to our core supply chain solution offerings to lead the delivery of major supply chain transformation initiatives that will include process improvement, implementation of enabling technology, and organizational redesign for our clients.
- Perform engagement management responsibilities, including performance reviews, task delegation, project financials, deliverable quality review, and client management.
- Assist with the development of solution content, whitepapers, and/or other thought leadership material.
- Meet or exceed targeted billing hours (utilization).
- Maintain a good working relationship with clients and work effectively with client management and staff at all levels to manage expectations, ensure satisfaction, and become a trusted business advisor.
- Communicate (verbally and in writing) externally with clients and internally with all levels of the organization to successfully accomplish objectives while portraying knowledge and confidence.
- Lead as a supply chain subject matter expert internally and to clients by regularly demonstrating thought leadership and creative approaches to solving client issues.
- Build on client relationships by building, maintaining, and utilizing networks of client relationships and industry involvement and communicating our value proposition.
- Manage and minimize engagement delivery risk by proactively identifying issues and recommended courses of remediation to engagement teams.
- Manage, develop, train, coach and mentor staff on projects and assess performance for engagement and year-end reviews.
- Motivate others to perform at maximum efficiency without sacrificing quality of the professional services delivered.
- Other duties as assigned.
- 6+ plus years of related work experience with a minimum of 2 years in a similar consulting practice providing supply chain services.
- Bachelor's degree in Supply Chain Management, Industrial Engineering or Operations Research, or related field. A Master’s degree is strongly preferred.
- Supply chain certifications such as APICS CSCP.
- Six Sigma certifications preferred, e.g. Green Belt or Black Belt.
- Prior implementation experience with supply chain systems (Oracle Supply Chain Cloud, ToolsGroup, JDA, Infor, Llamasoft, Ariba, Basware, Coupa, Logility, Arkieva, Kinaxis, NCR, Elementum, etc.)
- Prior experience with large scale supply chain transformation projects that were part of a broader ERP project.
- Proficient data analytics and modeling skills.
- Experience with Tableau, Power BI, or other similar analytics tools and SQL.
- Excellent verbal and written communication.
- Ability to travel and work additional hours on occasion in support of client sales or delivery efforts.
- Ability to travel on short notice and work additional hours as necessary.
- Travel percentage: 40 – 80% in any given week
- Approved office locations include Detroit, Charlotte, Atlanta, Philadelphia, New York, Boston, Chicago, Dallas, Houston, Denver