Summary Provides leadership and direction for large, complex projects. Develops negotiation strategies and leads negotiations with suppliers representing all internal stakeholders. Executes contracts and monitors supplier performance to optimize project success. Mentors, coaches and oversees development of associate sourcing project specialists. This position will be filed at our downtown Minneapolis, MN location. Responsibilities
- Sourcing - Sources for high-value, complex goods and services in support of significant company projects (up to $50M). Leads the process for defining technical bid requirements and specifications and specialized terms and conditions required by individual capital projects. Leads bidding events and bid evaluation teams to analyze proposals and award business. Seeks opportunities to consolidate sourcing activities to encourage supplier competition. Seeks opportunities for cost savings and cost avoidance.
- Project Management - Creates and manages a project plan for the sourcing of goods and services and controls the necessary supply chain resources in support of the plan. Interacts with business unit personnel to integrate the sourcing and business project plans. Maintains relationships with key business unit stakeholders and communicates sourcing project status. Establishes metrics for evaluating and documenting specific supplier services and contractual requirements and monitors performance.
- Negotiations - Develops negotiation strategies and leads negotiations representing company interests in major project purchases associated with capital projects. Facilitates the resolution of disputes and contract adjustments with suppliers and internal stakeholders.
- Supplier Management - Establishes and oversees the process to track and monitor supplier performance, commitments and progress milestones to ensure full value of the project has been achieved. Identifies opportunities in collaboration with a category manager to support project needs with key suppliers in alignment with category strategies. Manages tier I and II supplier relationships as assigned.
- Risk Containment - Applies understanding of underlying principles of contract law to administer all project contract agreements and contractual forms, Defines and manages the risk elements of the contract and assembles all necessary documentation for obtaining project-specific insurance. Limits company liability by ensuring all required documents and notices have been obtained and are satisfactory.
- Mentoring - Mentors associate project specialist in sourcing event management, negotiation strategy, program standardization, supplier management, project management and risk containment.
- Bachelor's degree in Supply Chain Management, Engineering, Project Management, Business, Finance or equivalent experiencerequired
- Requires 5 years of purchasing, sourcing or logistics experience
- Significant contract knowledge, negotiation and project management skills required
- Requires considerable knowledge and expertise in sourcing and supply chain management principles
- Must pursue and maintain Certified Professional in Supply Management (CPSM) certification or equivalent.
- Proficiency in Microsoft® Office suite and significant experience with purchasing and sourcing systems is required
- Must be results-oriented and customer focused
- Strong interpersonal, relationship, and presentation skills are required
- Up to 20% domestic travel is required
- Project managementexperience is a plus
- Manufacturing experience is a plus