We are a national leading CPG manufacturing company with roots to the 1930's. We have a leadership position in our markets and we continue to grow. We are currently seeking a Procurement/Sourcing Manager leading a staff in the areas of Packaging, Ingredients and MRO. Position location is Northern California.
Please note the following requirements for the successful candidate:
- Must be willing to relocate to Northern CA - full relocation included
- Must had leadership - supervisory experience
- Must have background in Packaging, Ingredients and/or MRO
- Must have Bachelordegree
- Direct, manage, and oversee all purchasing functions to meet daily business requirements in contracting and buying at all fresh plants. Develop, maintain and implement cost savings initiatives across all aspects of the business.
- Provide leadership and direction to staff in an attempt to meet or exceed departmental annual objectives. Minimize acquisition costs for packaging, ingredients and MRO through a multiple supplier competitive bid process, contract negotiations and operational implementation.
- Prepare and monitor annual, quarterly, and period reports to help inform the business of materials purchasing changes.
- Oversee, coordination and monitoring all service contracts including Car Leases, Travel, PCard
- Support Marketing, Sales and Operations in product changes by meeting implementation deadlines and minimizing material write offs.
- Direct and manage all groups to become more strategic within their given area, bringing greater value to the company and instruct and encourage professional advancement
- Assist the Purchasing Department in improving the functionality of our MRP buying system by working with staff, field buyers and IT for efficiency gains.
The position requires a broad business perspective of the requirements for operating within a large vertically integrated organization. The person must have the ability to deal with stakeholders, suppliers, and customers with honesty, integrity, and creativity on a wide variety of purchased commodities and services.