Sourcing & Procurement Engineer - NPI Manufacturing
The Sourcing Engineer is responsible for driving sourcing readiness for new business and new product introduction. The position ensures supplier capabilities and processes meet or match design and specification requirements. Carefully follows processes and procedures to ensure that technical, environmental, quality, trade and governmental requirements are considered for each assigned project. Coordinates collaborative and effective technical communication between Buyers, New Product Introduction and the supplier community. Methodically ensures that at completion of the project, the item master for purchased parts is accurate and ready for production. He/she must identify lead time risk and ensures such risks are considered and then identifies the need for advance purchasing of components or materials to meet launch targets.
The Sourcing Engineer is ACCOUNTABLE for completing the following activities associated with New Business Development/New Product Development, Supply Base Development and Cost Reduction
· Coordinate the RFQ, Bid and Award Process & any Request for Information (RFI) events required for assigned new business and new product introduction projects
· Request Supplier Self-Audits from new suppliers that will potentially receive an RFQ
· New supplier system set-up as required to facilitate a new business or new product introduction project
· Complete purchasing parameter set-up of parts in the ERP system prior to hand-off to the assigned Buyer associated with new business or new product introduction projects
· Oversee completion of purchased part approval process (PPAP), first article inspection (FAI) routines to fully qualify awarded components or materials
· Schedule milestones for components or materials for new business/new product development business and identify long lead time risks; works with Buyers to initiate early ordering prior to ERP-driven demand signals available
· Identify Non-Disclosure Agreement needs & required certifications from new suppliers that will potentially receive an RFQ
· Creates processes and procedures as assigned
· Project Management roles as assigned by Supply Chain Management (e.g. strategic supply base by design, make or buy investigations, new technology assimilation, etc.)
· As part of the on–going auditing effort make adjustments as necessary to ensure Item Master data integrity is in place and not compromised
· Manage supply base development for assigned commodities Composes and evolves commodity strategy statements based on trends and developments in the marketplace and Arnprior Aerospace requirements
· Manage cost reduction projects within assigned commodities; projects as assigned or as composed by the Sourcing Engineer which may also include BCC ( Best Cost Country) sourcing based on commodity
· Work with Buyer when performance goals for suppliers fall from acceptable standard
· Coordinate with the SC team in supplier risk evaluation and create risk mitigation plan when required
- Bachelor’s Degreerequired in Supply Chain Management, Program Management, Manufacturing or IndustrialTechnology/Engineering, or Business Management.
- Strong project management skills are required. Verbal, written and group presentation skills are essential as well as the ability to interact with all levels of the organization. Detail-oriented and well-organized.
- Expert analytical and decision-making toolset knowledge. Experience in engineering systems such as CATIA or other CAD/CAM systems considered a plus.
- Solid understanding of Manufacturing/Industrial systems and processes. Ability to interpret Engineering drawings, specifications and technical documentation.
- Minimum 3years’ of Industrialexperience in Design or Manufacturing Engineering roles, Procurement or Program Management experience in support of new business/new product introduction.
- Employee with be working in an office environment, at the Portland facility
- Travel of up to 20% possible on a monthly basis
- Core office hours are 8AM to 5PM
- The employee is provided with a laptop and networking tools as well as a cellular telephone and may be required to be accessible nights and weekends on a regular basis.
- The role requires continuous communication and contact with individuals within the company but also with suppliers and information sources external to the company. Interaction with external contacts at business functions and business-social events is a normal aspect of the role; is an on-going aspect of the position, and is expected of the employee.
Applicants must be eligible to meet the requirements for U.S. International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR).
The characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The information contained in this job description is for compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act (A.D.A.) and is not an exhaustive list of the duties that may be required for this position. Additional duties are performed by the individuals currently holding this or similar positions and additional duties may be assigned.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
About Arnprior Aerospace Portland, Inc:
Arnprior Aerospace is an independent, privately owned company with manufacturing sites in Ontario & Quebec, Canada; Chihuahua, Mexico and Portland, Oregon. Arnprior Aerospace provides mechanical structures used for multiple applications to aerospace and defense markets. An experienced team of skilled employees delivers designs, structures, and components to demanding customer specifications and delivery schedules. Since its divestiture from Boeing in 2005, Arnprior Aerospace has aggressively expanded its customer base and capability offerings. Today, the legacy of fifty-plus years of commitment and dedication is found in the products and services produced at Arnprior.