Sourcing Manager - Software in San Antonio, Texas
A national software company is looking for an experienced Software Sourcing Manager with strong experience in delivering sourcing solutions for Software. Do you want to be part of the next revolution in computing? The individual in this role will be responsible for the sourcing relationship with industry leaders in software technology. We are looking for individuals with proven track record in challenging status quo and thinking outside of the box.
- Build strong collaborative relationships with key stakeholders across the company to strategically manage spend and the supply base for software
- The person in this role will be responsible for development and execution of sourcing and performance managing software suppliers, as well as working closely with our global infrastructureengineering team to ensure technology is available to support our hardware needs. He/she will lead collaboration and act as a liaison between Global InfrastructureEngineering, Product, Legal, Sales, Marketing, Accounting and Finance within our corporation.
- Develop sourcing strategies and plans, Lead supplier selection process, and negotiate contracts for new/existing software.
- Develop and manage to key performance metrics for all suppliers in the software category.
- Work with peers and senior management to determine engineering feasibility, cost effectiveness, and customer demand for new and existing products.
- Monitor new technologies and industry trends and develop recommendations for senior management.
- Subject matter expert in engaging with the business on sourcing strategies, processes and best practices.
- Research, develop and participate in launch of new products
- Facilitate quarterly business reviews for Key software suppliers.
- Manage quarterly pricing and meet cost management targets for software.
- Work closely with the license management team to ensure contract compliance.
- Demonstrated leadership ability with ability to work across organizational boundaries, strong team player who enjoys a fast paced atmosphere.
- BS or MS in Computer Science or related technical degree.
- Experience in delivering results in a fast paced and highly complex organization.
- Focus on continuous improvement; develop and implement actionable, measurable, and sustainable plans.
- Proficiency in the use of metrics to measure success or improvements in areas of responsibility.
- Effective negotiation and supplier management skills.
- 7-10 years’ experience sourcing and managing market commodities or comparable components.
- Knowledge of server and storage hardware commodities.