The Sourcing Manager will be responsible for category management in conjunction with the supply chain & business strategies. This includes sourcing, product development, pre-production and production responsibilities, meeting organizational KPI’s & metrics.
PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES/ACCOUNTABILITIES OF THE JOB:
- The need for clear understanding of seasonal strategies, and staying abreast of Global market conditions & macro trends.
- Allocate against vendor capability and global supply chain strategy.
- Calendar management (creation, adherence & problem solving)
- Lead meetings (cross functional wips, business process & special projects)
- Manage & develop reports to ensure accomplishments of deliverables & deadlines.
2) Product Development/ Sourcing/ Manufacturing
- Responsible for working with Design, Merchants/ Buyers to provide cost estimates / development options at initial line review to meet margin goals.
- Allocate development and sales samples based on cost targets & vendor capability & capacity allocation.
- Responsible for delivery of protos & salesman samples
- Participate in brand meetings/product reviews/ adoption & line finalization meetings.
- Direct product efforts towards any special projects/new product launches/marketing initiatives.
- Coordinate and execute test orders /chase orders / to include additional speed models in the future.
- Interface with raw materials, technical design, and operations to provide technical support, related manufacturing & supply chain expertise to deliver outcomes that will drive top line profitable sales.
- Change management – review product to ensure requested changes are achievable within sourcing/costing requirements.
- Manage customs classification meetings with import group
- Interface & problem solve with cross functional teams on any product, quality or delivery issues.
- Partner with planning lead on seasonal capacity planning/understand actualized capacity (gaps vs overages ) to strategically resolve.
- Work directly with hubs and vendors to create solutions and strategies to support and grow the FAST business.
- Identify and implement new capabilities to support a quick response model.
- Partner with raw materials team to help resolve seasonal liabilities.
- Establish and execute time and action calendar for individual programs and projects. Clearly communicate and manage deadlines with the business and cross functional teams.
- Maximize gross margin opportunities through leverage, product re-engineering and product versioning (where applicable).
- Review and vet costs prior to presentation to merchants (must be fact based and in line with the macro trends).
- Establish / maintain cost folio within approved vendor matrix.
QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE:
Experience: 5-8 years of experience in the Product Development, Sourcing, Global Production Planning, Manufacturing and Supply Chain related space.
Education: Bachelor’s Degree is required.
- Must be analytical; entrepreneurial; understand the numbers behind the work in global supply chain and how it ties back to business financials, KPI’s & metrics.
- Good judgment & decision making skills (with an ability to get to root cause analysis).
- Excellent communication & presentation skills (to include good listening & negotiation skills, must have the ability to present at leadership level)
- Must be detail oriented, extremely resourceful, have excellent follow up skills; learning and using all appropriate contacts to gather information & drive solutions.
- Must be flexible and have the ability to function in a fast paced environment, with competing priorities and deadlines.
- Ability to collaborate and work as a team; transcending different cultures, geographies & time zones.
- Ability to develop efficient processes, review & refine; always striving for continuous improvement.
- Computer skills - Microsoft office is a must, PDM/PLM/XPC are a plus
- Results Oriented
- Customer focused
- Develop self & others
- Can think creatively and innovate
- Flexible & adaptable
- Comfortable with ambiguity & constructive tension