As a Sourcing Manager you will be responsible for all new product sourcing and contract negotiations. You will lead a team of Asia buyers and coordinators to ensure Masco Canada Limited (MCL) has a cost effective and low risk supply base that meets strategic initiatives.
- Negotiate and source all new product launches for MCL
- Negotiate supplier terms and agreements to benefit MCL goals from a total cost of ownership perspective. This includes but is not limited to: price, lead time, MOQ terms, payment terms, chargeback terms.
- Lead sourcing council program to ensure effective collaboration with operational departments.
- Develop and maximize relationships with all suppliers. This includes developing and maintaining metrics of success for all suppliers that accounts for their performance in quality, service and costs reductions.
- Expand existing supply base to ensure MCL has ability to introduce best new products while maintaining total cost of ownership objectives and ensuring supply base meets MCL requirements and standards.
- Participate in or direct cross functional teams within the organization to introduce new products.
- Develop and implement procurement policies and procedures intended to continuously improve the purchasing systems and processes
- Develop departmental goals and objectives for the Asia purchasing team that align with the overall Masco Canada goals and objective. In addition, transfer these departmental goals and objectives into attainable and measurable action plans for implementation within the purchasing team.
- Ensure compliance with established Masco Internal Control and Compliance Policies and Procedures
- Develop and evaluate staff and provide timely feedback on performance
- Draft legal supplier agreements, confidentiality agreements and contracts
- 5-10 years of experience in a various purchasing or supply chain related positions with increasing responsibility
- 3-5 years of experience in a management position in a fast paced purchasing or supply chain environment
- Excellent communication and teambuilding skills
- Self-starter and requiring little supervision
- Good leadership and consensus building skills
- Excellent analysis and decision making abilities
- Experience using JDE is an asset
- Product knowledge is an asset
- Computer literacy is required
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Proven leadership ability
- Ability to work under pressure and meet tight deadlines
- Effective negotiating and influencing skills
- Project and process management experience
- Community College Diploma or University Degree preferably in Logistics, Materials Management or Business
- PMAC Certification highly desired
- Ability to travel up to 25%