Job Summary and Mission
This position contributes to Starbucks success by The job contributes to Starbucks success by effectively developing and leading complex sourcing strategies, effectively managing suppliers and internal networks to deliver best in class performance for the relevant spend area. Consistently delivers measurable and strategic goals to enable bottom-line and top-line company growth, and corporate social responsibility leadership. Collaborates effectively internally and with suppliers. Develops effective negotiation strategies to enable success. Manages annual spend of $50-200 million depending on market complexity. May mentor or manage other procurement professionals.
Models and acts in accordance with Starbucks guiding principles.
Summary of Key Responsibilities
Responsibilities and essential job functions include but are not limited to the following:
- Employ strong knowledge of key industry players, competitors and market dynamics.
- Effectively develop and lead complex sourcing strategies, effectively manage suppliers and internal networks to deliver best in class performance for the relevant spend area.
- Consistently deliver measurable and strategic goals to enable bottom-line and top-line company growth, and corporate social responsibility leadership.
- Develop effective negotiation strategies to enable success.
Supplier Engagement and Management:
- Leverage effective business and professional relationships with strategic suppliers and industry players.
- Professionally manage and measure suppliers for continuous performance and improvement.
- Proficiently advanced employ program and project management tools and techniques.
- Independently solve problems and make decisions for primary and strategic execution and tactical issues within the relevant portfolio of projects and or processes.
- Provide day to day oversight and perform a hands on execution role.
Leadership and Teamwork:
- Effectively motivate and collaborate within their team and across their peer group.
- Lead using demonstrated and proven experience and the application of best practice procurement skills.
- Lead cross functional teams, mentor Analyst procurement.
- Work within peer group and leadership infrastructure to ensure that best practice and leverage opportunities are delivered.
- May collaborate with Group procurement manager and or director of procurement.
Summary of Experience
- 5+ years analytical, planning, procurement, supply chain or other relevant experience
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Ability to apply knowledge of multidisciplinary business principles and practices to achieve successful outcomes in cross-functional projects and activities
- Analytical: Excellent analytical skills
- Procurement: Excellent knowledge of market analysis, sourcing category strategy, supplier relationship management ‘should-cost’ models, and negotiations, supplier continuous improvement programs/Lean Initiatives
- Legal: Knowledge of critical procurement legal requirements and contracting best practices
- Ethics: Knowledge of business ethics and Starbucks Ethical Sourcing Requirements
- Influence: Ability to influence at an Executive Level both internally and externally. Ability to lead and influence peer groups both internally and externally
- Communication: Exceptional communication both written and oral
- Systems: Knowledge of Excel, Oracle, BI Apps, charting programs, PowerPoint, and others