Req # : 241646BR
Leads the sourcing process for the most complex spend categories and conducting category spend analyses. Activities include the qualification of suppliers, development and issuance of requests for proposals and evaluations. Conducts negotiations including pricing, logistics, service level guarantees, and terms with suppliers. Develops supplier performance criteria. Understands the supplier markets and anticipates changes in market conditions, reliability of supply and supply economics. Sources materials, equipment, supplies, and commodity products. Evaluates, selects, monitors and maintains relationships with vendors. Performs analysis of purchasing needs, including analysis of costs and performance. Forecasts supply requirements, issues periodic reports on trends, and negotiates pricing, discounts, and contracts.
This position is for a Sourcing/Category Management
- The category to be managed is RAN hardware, software, Small Cells and/or related tools.
- To develop strong understanding of Supplier landscape in assigned category (or categories)
- Develops the sourcing strategy for the category and agenda setting with key stakeholders.
- To conduct detailed market analysis to fully leverage procurement decisions in assigned category (or categories)
- To lead RFx and other sourcing activities related to assigned category (or categories)
- Defines the cost drivers of the categories in scope and follows their evolution.
- Leads make/lease analysis and develops business cases.
- Drives discussions for purchasing requirements, project specifications and BU strategy with management and suppliers.
- Predicts categories trends and development (technologies evolution, new business model, suppliers’ consolidation etc.).
- Tracks supply market trends (competitive pressures, new entrants, substituting products or services, changes in the value chain).
- Manages service level agreements for tendered/non-tendered change orders as well as change orders for the supplier market and spend categories.
- Takes ownership of execution-focused service delivery functions and processes.
- Coordinates business planning efforts.
- Bachelor's degree and eight years related work experience or twelve years related work experience post high school
- Five years experience in sourcing or supply chain management
- Five years experience with contract negotiations
- Master’s degree in Business Administration/Engineering is preferred.
- Strong knowledge/experience of radio access hardware, Small Cells and associated/supporting technologies
- Strong knowledge/experience of passive RAN equipment
- Prior experience in a technical or engineering role related to Radio Access Network technologies
- Strong analytical and problem solving ability.
- Sound and proven negotiation skills.
- Excellent financial acumen.
- Ability to contribute breakthrough ideas and approaches to solve business issues.
- Ability to manage multiple projects and work in fast-paced environment.
- Management skills & cultural intelligence.
- Knowledge of the market and relevant external service providers for NT&IT procurement.