HOW THIS ROLE WILL MAKE AN IMPACT:
The Sr. Sourcing Manager, Contract Manufacturing, Consumables is responsible for sourcing new production resources and managing productivity improvement initiatives at contract manufacturing partners for PetSmart's proprietary consumable brands. You will ensure effective use of resources and communication of priorities by coordinating efforts between internal Brand Management, Product Development, Product Integrity, and Product Supply departments, including the run the business handoff to the Production Management team. Consolidate or expand supplier base as necessary to maximize innovation quality, cost, on-time delivery and efficiency.
YOUR GOALS AND RESPONSIBILITIES WILL INCLUDE:
- Define and implement the co-manufacturing sourcing strategy for PetSmart's consumables proprietary brands.
- Support growth through identification and implementation of strategic partnerships with identified suppliers.
- Collaborate with internal Product Development, Product Integrity, and Production Management teams to qualify suppliers and assess capability and capacity.
- Conduct market studies to identify new suppliers and develop a robust supplier base
- Establish and manage RFQ (request for quotation) process to select suppliers.
- Analyze the RFQ proposals and recommend scenarios to key internal stake holders.
- Negotiate quality, time and cost of service and other contact terms and conditions with the suppliers.
- Lead contract activities with supplier and Legal teams.
- Maintains product commercialization production timeline to gain go-no go decisions on projects from project sponsors (new launches/refreshes).
- Responsible for operations and supply chain execution of our external manufacturing sites including measuring performance tracking KPIs and holding regular reviews with our key internal partners including Procurement, Financial Planning, Product Development, and Brand Management to ensure consistent performance.
- Drive continuous improvement in process or production efficiency, supply chain optimization, deliver cost reduction, and manage the co-manufacturing/co-packing discipline in compliance with internal controls and best practices.
- Analyze manufacturing best practices within facilities and look to implement these practices into the key strategic contract manufacturers.
- Travel requirement 30-40%
WHAT YOU'LL BRING TO THE TABLE:
- BS degree in Engineering, Technology, Supply Chain Management, Business, or Operations. Master's a plus.
- Significant and diverse management experience (5-7 years of plant operations, engineering, supply chain, planning, distribution, and/or procurement experience preferred).
ABOUT OUR SOURCING & PRODUCTION MANAGEMENT TEAM:
- One of PetSmart's strategic initiatives is to ensure that our proprietary brands are market leading products that continue to grow as a portion of the company's overall sales. We are investing heavily in building a world-class team to support this strategy, including a sourcing and production management team tasked with finding new manufacturing partners, as well as managing these key relationships around production planning, inventory management, and supply chain efficiency.
WHY YOU'LL LOVE IT HERE:
Our home office offers outstanding amenities in a fun and rewarding workplace including:
- Pet friendly environment, bring your pets to work!
- A work-life balance and family events such as movie nights, art events and holiday festivals
- "Top Dog" gym with equipment, fitness classes, massage therapists and personal trainers
- "Sit & Stay" Café serving fresh breakfast and lunch options
- Starbucks cart—productivity at its finest!
- "Lil' Paws" learning center and onsite daycare facility
- Volunteer events with PetSmart Charities