Sourcing Director, Service Benefit Plan
11 - 15 years experience • Insurance
PRINCIPAL ACCOUNTABILITIES: Under the direction of the Senior Director, Strategic Sourcing and Procurement, the principle duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited to the following:
Leads Stakeholder Engagement and Project Success:
- Conduct weekly meetings with SBP leadership (SVP, VPs, and Directors) to document and confirm priorities, strategic initiatives, and pipeline.
- Work directly with senior business stakeholders to ensure successful framing and development of high complexity project objectives, requirements, and sourcing strategy prior to vendor engagement.
- Coach business stakeholders on Federal Acquisition Regulation (FAR)-compliant sourcing process and negotiation.
- Develop, socialize, and implement category strategies to ensure faster cycle times and spend reduction.
- Ensure all projects adhere to agreed service level timelines.
- Weekly review of priorities and pipeline against active projects list (in close partnership with the Procurement Operations team) and report project / schedule issues to SBP and Procurement leadership.
- Weekly review of SBP project list against CareFirst project list to ensure category and strategy alignment.
- Own relationship and communications with BCBSA Director’s office related to procurement projects status.
- Attend SBP project planning and budgeting meetings.
- Maintain renewal pipeline reports (in close partnership with the Procurement Operations team) for all SBP procurement projects.
- Interacts routinely with the Legal department and business stakeholders to resolve critical project issues.
- Ensures all direct reports are trained on and adhere to department process, corporate procurement policy, and FAR for all procurement projects.
- Directly review and ensure direct reports correctly and completely prepare and submit documentation for consent from the Federal Government for all applicable procurements.
- Ensure direct reports accurately capture business requirements for each procurement request sufficient to develop and manage resulting RFx and sole source procurements.
- Ensure direct reports develop appropriate project timelines and meet all target project completion dates.
- Directly review (in detail) direct reports’ projects at key milestones for projects over $100k in value, e.g. compliance with FAR, project timeline/efficiency, RFP questions, sole source rationale, negotiation strategy, supplier clarifications, down-selection, government consent forms, project issue resolution, compliance with corporate policy, and department processes.
- Motivate, coach and develop associates for growth in skill development.
- Lead staff performance plans and reviews on an annual basis.
Negotiation and Issue Escalation:
- Leads the negotiation, redlining, legal, and business stakeholder communications process with the supplier for highly complex, challenged, or stalled projects.
Direct: This position directly supervises five (5) sourcing professionals.
- This position requires (i) a Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Information Technology, Computer Science or related field, or equivalent experience, and (ii) over 10 years of experience in a procurement role, including 5+ years of progressively responsible management experience.
- Extensive experience in technology procurement (able to manage the end to end sourcing process from requirements gathering through RFx and complex software licensing).
- General experience with Print, Professional Services, Facilities or other categories of procurement are a plus.
- Must have extensive experience negotiating with Microsoft, IBM, Oracle, and Telecom providers.
- Experienced in vendor relationship management and stakeholder governance.
- Experienced in detailed financial modeling and analysis and determining price reasonableness.
- Excellent project & time management skills including but not limited to risk assessment, work plan development and management.
- Highly developed analytical, organizational, and coordination skills.
- Effective presentation, negotiation, and influencing skills to interface with all levels of management and suppliers.
- Able to apply complex problem-solving abilities to achieve problem ad process solutions.
- Ability to spot, communicate, and mitigate issues.
- Flexibility and the ability to work under time constraints, adapt to shifting priorities, to work independently as well as part of a team.
- Must be able to effectively work in a fast-paced environment with frequently changing priorities, deadlines, and workloads that can be variable for long periods of time.
- Must be able to meet established deadlines and handle multiple customer service demands from internal and external stakeholders, within set expectations for service excellence.
- Knowledge of current technology trends and industry best practices (e.g. cloud technology, data privacy, and IT security).
- Knowledge of the FAR.
- Knowledge of Ariba or similar procurement automation tools.