Leads/supports execution of sourcing projects in collaboration with Procurement category owners and sourcing managers. Major responsibilities and accountabilities include:
• Support and/or lead execution of procurement plans depending on category/project complexity
• Assist with identification & screening/selection of potential sources and recommend appropriate sourcing method
• Assist with preparation of competitive go-to-market events (solicitation of bids, quotations and proposals) with pertinent specifications, terms and conditions.
• Evaluate proposals, assess risk and recommend overall best offer for a product or service
• Assist in the preparation of and/or issue contracts and SOWs (or large purchase orders) for legal review and approval
• Maintain agreement files as required
• As part of implementation, review product availability and/or pricing information with suppliers
• Provide internal and market analytics to support capture of best value for BMS
• Prepare periodic category performance reports for assigned categories
• The Senior Sourcing Associate leads sourcing and contracting processes for large / complex categories and is responsible for key deliverables within category strategy development for larger categories with complex scope. The incumbent also leads select Supplier Relationship Management processes in alignment with BP&S.
• The role requires strong analytical skills and deep understanding of Total Cost of Ownership for assigned categories in order to generate strategic industry insights and identify category opportunities and competitive advantage for Bristol-Myers Squibb.
• This role requires strong ability to lead cross-functional teams remotely, working with business partners and suppliers, and managing multiple, shifting priorities on a daily basis with minimal guidance.
Detailed Position Responsibilities
• Understand the product lifecycle process, its impact on the organization (short and long term) and apply knowledge of the global value chain to provide strategic industry insights and identify potential opportunities that may shorten/improve product lifecycle or offer integration opportunities across categories that ultimately lead to a BMS competitive advantage.
• Lead moderately/highly-complex competitive sourcing events and supplier negotiations (depending on category complexity); determine appropriate methods of procurement; solicit bids, quotations and proposals, and evaluate competitive offerings and recommend overall best offer for a product or service.
• Review and critically assess business specifications and statements of work; negotiate and develop contracts for legal review and approval.
• Occasionally provide BMSsupport and oversight to suppliers of Procurement BPO services
• For escalated issues with respect to quality, performance or supply, support Business Partnering & Strategy with the analytics required to solve root cause issues; collaborate with site / local procurement on solutions. Occasionally own/drive mitigation projects on a prioritized basis.
• Research and assist in resolving issues raised in Purchasingauditreports
• Apply analytics to ensure compliance by preferred suppliers and with contract terms; provide analytical tools to support management of preferred suppliers
• Occasionally support the review of supplier innovations and demonstrations in partnership with the Business Partnering and Strategy group for prioritized Tier 1 suppliers
• Support Business Partnering & Strategy in communicating purchasing policies and procedures to users when needed
• Maintain effective relationships with suppliers and user departments, help BP&S resolve escalated quality problems, and help identify measurements for improvement and target-setting coordinate review and respond to supplier inquiries
• Lead and participate in organizational development efforts in Sourcing Excellence, such as process improvement, capabilities and junior staff development; manage the group's CoOp program: select, onboard, manage and develop CoOp employees
• Lead Sourcing Excellence Imperatives initiatives on improvements to capabilities, process, technologies, communications and organization culture
• Support Business Partnering & Strategy in managing preferred suppliers using the BMS Supplier Management methodology and compliance requirements
• Manage selected internal and external relationships with suppliers, cross-functional and/or multi-functional teams
• Conduct Business Continuity Management and Risk Management activities; develop and implement scorecards and track supplier performance
• Support Change Management activity around systems including Vendor Change Notification and Approved Supplier List (for direct material / GPS roles)
Desired Experience Required:
• Bachelor's Degree (Science or Engineering desirable)
• Minimum of 3 years work experience and at least 3 years Procurement experience
• At least 3 years relevant industry experience; preferredcategoryexperience includes Direct Materials, RFP experience, Raw Materials
• Proficiency in managing contract development and compliance
• Proficiency in Microsoft applications, including Word, Power Point and Excel
Ideal Candidates Would Also Have:
• Relevant industry certifications (e.g. Certified Purchasing Manager (CPM), Certified Professional in Supply Management (CPSM), Certified Supply Chain Professional (CSCP), Certified in Production and Inventory Management (CPIM))
• Knowledge and proficiency with SAP, Ariba and other management and financial information systems
US military experience will be considered towards industry and professional experience requirements
Development Value Sourcing Excellence is a fungible pool of talent and future leaders for Global Procurement. SE colleagues are responsible for analytics, sourcing project management, contracting, and supplier relationship management processes.