What you will do:
Under direction of the Retail Sales Vice President and VP of Global Accounts and Source tagging, this position is responsible for planning, implementing and managing the activities of the global source tagging team members in North America. Incumbent possesses ability to influence purchasing decisions of major retail corporations by working with the top levels of their management to establish source tagging programs. With support of the Retail Sales Vice President, plans and develops key strategies that will enable source tagging to secure new business as well as maintaining the existing revenue. Provides direction and support to sales team to ensure good profitable business.
How you will do it:
- Manages the activities of the sales force and ensures familiarity and training regarding markets, products, services, selling skills, etc.
- Directs the development of and maintains an effective sales force through creation and implementation of effective strategies for recruiting, hiring, training, motivating and coaching team members.
- Formulates a sound business plan to provide acceptable sales growth and profits in accordance with established plan and market share targets.
- Develops client oriented business cases by creating return on investment analysis to show the benefits of remove tagging from stores and replace with tagging at source .
- Tracks sales activity and provides sales team with regular feedback & coaching regarding performance.
- Proven track record in achieving or exceeding revenue, expense and profit targets while managing a strong sales pipeline.
- Review activity plans, sales results and other indicators for each sales representative to ensure sales effectiveness.
- Coordinates key source tagging activities to insure service and profitability.
- Participates in the selling of our full retail enterprises product lines which include tags, labels, EAS systems, RFID, CCVT and Shopper track.
- Works with management of existing National Accounts and local sales forces by implementing sales strategies for assigned accounts.
- Conducts regular sales meetings, communicating current sales policies and procedures, techniques, pricing, demonstration of equipment, new products and services, sales promotions and advertising.
- Participates in trade shows.
What we look for:
- Minimum of five to seven (5 -7) years of major accounts sales preferably selling to large retailers and three- five (3-5) years sales management preferred.
- Proven sales ability with high-level corporate contacts.
- Experience in selling article surveillance tag and label products to retail customer’s suppliers preferred.
- Entrepreneurial attitude, leadership ability and ability to be a team player at all levels.
- Ability to comprehend and make valid contribution developing a business plan, including sales and marketing strategies.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- College Degree in Sales/Marketing or other related preferred
Johnson Controls is an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, protected veteran status, status as a qualified individual with a disability, or any other characteristic protected by law. For more information, please view