The EUV Source Performance team in San Diego operates in a fast-paced, uniquely innovative, and challenging environment to deliver new-to-industry products supporting the commercialization of EUV technology by ASML. The EUV Source Performance team is an inter-disciplinary group responsible for securing performance of EUV light source products at system level. The complexity of the EUV source puts exciting and challenging demands on team, who will be engaged in operation of the source, defining and providing solutions to systematically drive the performance of existing and future EUV source products.
Typical responsibilities for this role include defining and validating requirements, identifying areas of technical improvement required to meet the development roadmap, experimenting and performing troubleshooting of the system level performance issues, and supporting the teams at customer sites to ensure the highest performance and availability of EUV sources for the customers.
The role requires a willingness to develop a mastery of complex experimentation of significant technical depth. To be successful, the candidate must combine strong numerical analysis skills, using Matlab and Python to process large sets of data, with hands-on lab skills such as operating optical and electrical metrology instruments. In addition, to be effective in the role candidates must possess interpersonal skills to cross functional boundaries and to build constructive and effective relationships across the organization.
- Serve as an expert in System Level performance related to laser light generation and amplification, laser-plasma interaction, debris mitigation, and controls. Be willing to apply theoretical models, concepts, methods, and novel experimental techniques to quantitatively interpret performance of EUV source systems across a wide range of issues and multiple technical disciplines.
- Directly evaluate complex hardware and software prototype designs using sophisticated experimental protocols, to validate, maximize, document and communicate the performance of EUV source products.
- Work closely with and lead cross-functional groups (systems engineering, development engineering, scientists, global customer support personnel, manufacturing personnel, senior management, marketing, external customers) to set clear technical direction.
- Work with global customer support organization in response to escalations from customer sites, by providing technical support; including remote and on-site troubleshooting and data analysis, developing action plans, and performing system recovery actions.
- Prepare and/or review system and sub-system functional test plans and create traceability from system functional requirements.
- Utilize test data to assess performance capabilities and assist in the documentation of procedures and the validation of system, operations and service.
- Use company technical documentation, provide feedback for improvement, and assist in creating technical documents.
- Provide feedback to the design engineers on performance, serviceability, and reliability improvements.
- Produce clear, concise documentation in defined company formats.
- Use sophisticated computer programs and diagnostic equipment to test and characterize source performance.
- Collect and analyze data, summarize results, and prepare presentation of results for review.
- Travel as required for the purposes of performing troubleshooting and system performance recovery.
- Provide technical training to engineers in the factory and at customer sites.
- Complete service, expense reports, and other administrative responsibilities in accordance with ASML’s procedures and with supervisor’s approval.
- Responsible for safe operation in factory and customer sites.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
MS in Electrical Engineering, Engineering Physics, Applied Physics, Chemical Engineering, Material Science or other Physical Science. A PhD in above disciplines is preferred.
- Knowledge and experiences in optics, laser-induced plasma, optical metrology, and/or controls of such devices preferred.
- 3-7 years of experience in semiconductor equipment development.