We’re looking for an experienced sound designer and/or interactive audio "integrator" who can help us create sophisticated, emotionally-compelling audio experiences for a variety of media formats and products. You’ll collaborate with a team of broadly-skilled peers to make sound a powerful element in all current and future Valve products, from multimedia ads to video game consoles, PC, and on-line gaming.
- Identify audio opportunities and asset needs in Valve commercial and promotional products in a self-driven but collaborative manner.
- Conceptualize, schedule, design, and produce high quality audio assets in accordance with the development and testing cycle of the product.
- Integrate audio in both linear and interactive forms with Valve products using proprietary software.
- Manage all necessary audio assets (sound files, scripts, models, etc.) associated with a product using the necessary software.
- Work with engineers and artists to understand and help develop cutting-edge, proprietary audio technologies.
- Test, debug, and assure the functional quality of all audio in a given product.
- Bachelor's degree (or equivalent) in digital and analog audio production or audio engineering
- Professional quality audio production and all related technologies
- Game engine audio implementation technologies
- Taking a video game or linear equivalent (e.g., film) from conception and development through publication and shipment