Summary of Position
The ideal candidate will play a key role in the Sourcing Organization working with suppliers to reduce quality defects and improve on-time deliveries. The individual will review and evaluate supplier on-time performance and employ preventative/correction actions as required. This position will require the individual to perform root cause analysis on supplier based MRR's and implement plans to prevent recurrence, while monitoring supplier performance. This role will also help develop new suppliers to mitigate risk and expand needed capacity.
Department: Sourcing Management
- Interface with Project Teams during initial product designs as well as redesign efforts
- Provide feedback for Design for Manufacturability (DFM) changes into the product design effort
- Develop new suppliers to solve cost and supply issues.
- Build relationships with suppliers to improve on-time performance through finding and breaking constraints, teaching planning and scheduling techniques
- Support Sourcing initiatives by identifying problem purchase orders and make arrangements with the buyer, suppliers and project teams to offer supplier engineering support that aids in problem resolutions
- Establish and maintain effective relations with suppliers/Customers and Auditors.
25% to 50% (3-4 times a month)
- Blue print reading, particularly involving GD&T per ASME Y14.5M
- Understanding of MRP scheduling and Bill of material structures as they drive manufacturing
- Read/understand supplier terms and conditions
- Excellent organization, communication (written and oral) and presentation skills
- Evaluate engineering changes and/or other specifications requirements and perform as technical liaison with other engineering personnel.
- Knowledge of EMS shop operations and administrative systems
- Problem solving, especially involving tight feature tolerances and rework of part deviations/weld repairs
- Knowledge of factory planning/scheduling and capacity planning techniques
- MSOffice, including MSProject
- Two (2) to five (5) years of Supply Chain, Operations, Engineering or Manufacturing experience
- Working knowledge with commercial nuclear and/or quality systems is desired
- Experience with machining, fabrication welding and assembly
- Bachelors Degree in technical discipline or equivalent and eight (8) years of related experience
- Green or Black Belt Certification
This position may require exposure to information which is subject to US export control regulations, i.e. the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) or the Export Administration Regulations (EAR). All applicants must be U.S. persons within the meaning of U.S. regulations.
Curtiss-Wright values diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.