ABOUT THE POSITION
The Sorel Product Line Manager is an important member of the Global Product Line Creation Team, working closely with the Global Product Director and PLM counterparts on the vision, strategy, and seasonal concepts to contribute to the growth of the Sorel business. As a Product Line Manager, you will manage the product creation process from brief construction through the design and the development phase. You will be responsible to articulate the vision of the product and need of the consumer at all check points in prototyping, wear-testing, and internal and external key stakeholder meetings.
HOW YOU’LL MAKE A DIFFERENCE
- On a seasonal basis you will have specific product oversight and management of specific platforms, styles, and/or quick to market needs from concept to creation.
- In driving the product management function with design and development, you will be responsible to drive toward and achieve target margin and volume goals.
- Assist in proofing product line needs which includes collateral sales tools such as catalogs, components, hang tags, Point of Purchase (P.O.P), packaging and label/logo information.
- Assist in the product preparation process for key retailers, business unit meetings (BUM’s), outside sales representatives, and internal personnel.
- Write seasonal category product briefs in accordance with brand, department and category strategy.
- Present category strategy, prototype concepts, designs and product to key retailers, BUM meetings, sales force and internal personnel in order to develop new product line offerings.
- Manage and maintain Product Development Matrix (PDM) seasonal line list for assigned lines and categories.
- Support the coordination of Special Make-Ups (SMU) opportunities when needed with Sales, Design and Development teams as approved by the Footwear Merchandising manager and GM of Footwear.
- Able to apply ever-evolving knowledge of the fashion market, consumer insights and trends, and your own creativity to envision global marketplace needs 18+ months out to market.
- A knowledgeable resource, providing category product input to merchandising and design teams.
- Detail oriented and time sensitive, ensuring product timelines are met, merchandising information is provided to appropriate departments in a timely manner, etc.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business (with a focus in Marketing and/or Merchandising preferred)
- 5-8 years’ experience in product line management
- Strong presentation and creative writing/thinking skills
- Ability to travel domestically and globally >20% of the year.