About the Team:
Does the idea of working with technology solutions that are the future of business applications peak your interest? Or does demonstrating how you, by providing cognitive analytic solutions, can resolve predictive maintenance challenges for Industrial IoT leaders? Our team works with the biggest and best manufacturers worldwide to increase machine efficiency which leads to benefits for both our customer’s and their customers. We are a team of dynamic entrepreneurs who work hard to win. Our success is driven by our willingness to collaborate and make things happen autonomously. We are psyched about what we do and how our technology is the future of business applications; we challenge the ordinary and are highly accountable for delivering results.
In this team, we play a vital role in driving the technical presales engagement with prospective customers. Through stellar architecting solutions skills and our deep experience in technology evaluations for manufacturing, we aim to “wow” our prospects and customers. We thrive in a dynamic environment where constantly trying out new technologies and approaches to business challenges is the norm and where we derive maximum energy from collaborating, teaching and learning from our colleagues and other industry experts.
About the Role:
- Partner with sales and partnerships to gain deep understanding of the customer’s needs as determined by industry knowledge, discovery and assessment to establish our products, services and solutions as the best answer to address those needs
- Apply expert knowledge of predictive maintenance and machine learning to evangelize and deliver in-depth technical and value oriented product solution demonstrations to customers and prospects at all levels within an organization
- Earn the technical respect of both the business and technical customers/prospects as demonstrated by the ability to eliminate technical objections and build rapport among data scientists and engineering teams
- Deliver domain centric demos, proof of concepts, and pilots that demonstrate the value of the DataRPM solution across a diverse audience
- Ability to understand the customer requirements and their data and map that to the DataRPM solution.
- Prioritize the needs of multiple account executives and sales cycles to deliver timely and effective results to customers and prospects
- Develop & propagate competitive positioning and strongly differentiated solutions
- Contributes to a broader organizational capability by serving as advisor and mentor
- Partnering with others both internally and externally to exchange best and next practices, concepts, and technologies
- Constantly looking for upsell and expansion opportunities within customer accounts
- Based in Redwood City, CA, or w/ home office flexibility in other locations across the country
- Travel is second nature and is required at least 33% of the time outside of the local area, overnight and some international travel (to support marketing events or customer deliveries) as needed
- Have successfully led evaluations of predictive maintenance, asset performance, or other analytic solutions to large manufacturers
- Must have a domain experience and expertise in one or multiple of the following fields and industries: Manufacturing, Automotive, Oil & Gas, Power / Energy / Utilities, Travel / Transportation domain a functional understanding of maintenance / asset performance
- As a “demo ninja”, you can “read” a room regardless of the level of the audience and can adjust your presentation seamlessly on-the-fly balancing across business and technical acumen
- Have a general understanding of ML approaches and have worked closely with data science teams to deliver predictive analytics solutions to customers.
- Have familiarity with the following or expertise in the following subject area:Thrive in a diversity of hands-on customer and prospect interactions whether they be in-person and on-site visits, webinars, speaking at conferences, calls and white board sessions that demonstrate your ability to understand and translate customer/prospect needs to DataRPM solutions
- Algorithms, data structures and database systems
- Python, R, Scala or SAS
- Hadoop based platforms such as Hortonworks and Cloudera in cloud environments such as AWS,Azure and Google Cloud
- Data Engineering; i.e. developing for Hadoop ecosystem using Spark
- Deep understanding and ongoing curiosity of the Industrial IoT, Big Data, Predictive Maintenance, Machine Learning and Data Science Technologies that enables you to help work and design specific solutions based on the needs of your customers and prospects
- Strong experienceworking with lines of business and information technology organizations inside manufacturing companies
- Think critically, using logic and reasoning to troubleshoot complex problems and identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions, or approaches to problems
- Bachelor’s degree/Diploma in a technology field including, Computer Science, Management information systems, Mechanical Engineering, signal processing or equivalent work experience
- 5+yrs. of directly related experience in a technology company and demonstrable success working in a customer-facing role selling to manufacturers
Progress is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer!