In one sentence
The Regional Domain Specialist role is part of the Digital BSS Unit within the Amdocs Technology Business Group. The Digital BSS portfolio includes Catalog, Ordering, Billing, Charging and Policy capabilities. The Solution Consultant is an outstanding domain specialist in Digital Modernization of Telco Domain, who partners with telecom service provider customers and assist in solving Business challenges, demonstrating Amdocs’ cloud native in Digital, Ordering, Catalog, Care, Billing, Charging, and Policy products and deep understanding of Telco business. They must be able to transformation architecture discussion with senior architects and executives, provide thought leadership and hands-on mentorship towards technology selection, integration and evolution.
What will your job look like?
- Provide technical leadership to the region based on deep knowledge on the telco industry, product offerings, competition, business drivers, and solutioning. Conduct a consultative approach to Technology Sales.
- Utilizing a deep technical understanding of the customer's current and future enterprise architecture, formulate solutions based on client technical and business requirements. Maintain a detailed knowledge of Amdocs solutions and present them to our customers.
- Gain insight into customers' environment, challenges, and opportunities in order to propose areas where Amdocs products and solutions can bring value. Ensure that the proposed solution reflects the Amdocs value proposition and our competitive advantages. Get into the details of how the system will function and will be integrated into the client environment, and how open and easy it will be to maintain post-production.
- Maintain a comprehensive awareness of industry trends, standards, and competition in order to identify business opportunities based on domain market dynamics.
- Build a community among the solution Sales team to enable ongoing knowledge sharing around products, processes, methodologies, success stories, solutions, and estimations.
- Share and communicate end-to-end solutions orally and in writing to executives, business sponsors, and technical resources in clear, concise language that is in the vernacular of each group.
- Lead the technical strategy and resources to support POC/demos and presenting solutions to customers
- Identify the customer need (sales opportunities) early in the buying cycle and resolve how the need can be addressed by Amdocs. Analyze and quantify the business value that the proposed solution would offer to the customer.
- Design solutions and formulate response to RFx, build POC/demos, and presents solutions to customers. Utilize deep technical knowledge of products and services to align appropriate solutions based on client need.
- Develop innovation, deliver thought leadership sessions, and provide ongoing feedback to Amdocs Technology product management. Present Amdocs architecture blueprint and Amdocs roadmap.
All you need is...
- 5+ years of experience in Technology Consulting experience
- 10+ years experience in the communications industry
- 7+ years experience in enterprise solution architecture/sales engineering.
- Technical background and proven understanding (Specialist level in one or more of) of Customer Engagement, Revenue Management, Cloud Native solutions, 5G Network technologies, Telco Cloud transformations, and BSS.
- Experience in communication/presenting at the executive level. Proven experience in presale/sales engineering for Telco and/or cable operators (middle and high management levels).
- Proven experience in requirements and analysis, project planning, solution design, software design, development, and deployment.
- Experience in sales/account management an advantage.
- College degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or related field, or equivalent work experience required. Graduate degree preferred.